Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Is Your OEM Trailing in CSI Survey Rankings?

Every spring, J.D. Power ranks manufacturers based on dealership customer service index survey scores. 

These scores are indicative of the service customers receive in the dealership. While it doesn’t paint a complete picture, it certainly gives a good glimpse into the values each manufacturer holds dear. 

You can count on finding General Motors brands near the top as well as Nissan, Kia, Toyota, and MINI. At the bottom of the list, you’ll find FCA brands chasing the pack. Yet, if you fall anywhere below the top third, not just the median score, there’s significant room for improvement.

What Can You Do to Fix CSI Rankings?

Changing course doesn’t come easy but it’s necessary when you find you’re going in the wrong direction. Three main focuses can help a manufacturer step into a top position in CSI survey rankings.

Nurture the Front End Staff

The most influential score on a CSI survey is in service advisor satisfaction. The people with whom your customers interact greatly affects their overall experience. Even when their vehicle is fixed right on the first visit, scores often tank when the customer feels neglected or unimportant. Train service advisors to make the customer the focus of the service visit, not the vehicle. 

Implement Ease-of-Use Tools

Streamline the customer experience to avoid frustrations and negative energy. Implement technology at pain points to make the service experience better from start to finish. Ensure online appointment scheduling is simple and accurate. Use tablets for accuracy in write-up and walkarounds. Discover the things that cause your customers angst and address them. 

Fix It Right the First Time

While scores indicate an FFV of 94 percent, it’s the other 6 percent that hurts badly. Through careful listening during write-up to repair confirmation after it’s left the shop, Fixed First Visit is as important today as ever. 

While it’s up to the dealer to address their own store’s issues, the manufacturer must take responsibility for slumping CSI scores. 

Create a training program for dealers, not just a set of parameters, to help them elevate your brand.

The documents posted on this Website contain external links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations.  These links and pointers are provided for the user’s convenience.  Center for Performance Improvement does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of this outside information. The inclusion of links or pointers to particular items is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended as an endorsement by or for the Center for Performance Improvement. 

See the original post on Center for Performance Improvement

Views: 105

Tags: CSI, JDPower, first, fix, right, scores, survey, the, time


Oops... You need to stop "Lurking" on ADM and become a more genuine Automotive Professional by completing your membership registration. As a registered ADM Member, you can post comments, publish your own articles (be a star!) and start Forum discussions. Stop being an online "Peeping Tom" and JOIN ADM RIGHT NOW!

Join Automotive Digital Marketing

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge


Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
Sign up for

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......


Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service