According to Philip Zelinger, the President of Ad Agency Online, L.L.C. and host of their free automotive advertising resource / networking portal - www.AdAgencyOnline.Net - with their featured blog talk radio station, WAAOL, All Automotive Advertising News All The Time,
"Before you can learn how to market your auto dealership utilizing video you must first understand why you want to! The automotive advertising industry has always been driven by technology. The retail auto industry that it serves has similar ties to technology with the Internet representing today's most relevant example."
Given the economic and government mandated consolidation of the auto industry, the World Wide Web is hosting the next generation of "virtual auto dealerships" and video has proven to be the most recognizable address on the Internet Super Highway.
Today's new car buyers visit three to five virtual showrooms before they venture out into the "real world" to purchase a new vehicle. Used car buyers search auto dealer's used car inventories online in even greater numbers with many turning to third party inventory based websites - like www.EveryCarListed.Com - offering free "For Sale By Owner" postings to add to their shopping list along with the auto dealership inventories linked to the sites to extend their online presence.
The growing segment of online traffic sourced to videos reflects consumer's preference to watch them over flipping through pictures or reading text.
This habit was developed by a generation weaned on movies and T.V. for both entertainment and information with the Internet representing the most recent media to deliver both. Google, Yahoo, MSN and the rest of the search engines primary role on the WWW is to provide consumers with an efficient way to navigate the Internet Super Highway by providing relevant and transparent information to their search criteria. The search engines develop their search algorithms to help consumers find what they want with video earning a high ranking in the process based on consumer demand. Automotive advertising agencies
have learned to master Search Engine Optimization, S.E.O., as a cost effective way to cut through the clutter on the Internet and video -vSEO - has surfaced as the best way for automotive advertising agencies and auto dealers to reach online car shoppers.
The following will recap "why" you should use video to market your auto dealership:
1) New car buyers and used car buyers are shopping the Internet to purchase their next new vehicle, used vehicle and/or to sell their own used car
2) Advertising 101 confirms that auto dealers should advertise where their customers are and they are on the Internet
3) Consumers weaned on the movies and T.V. prefer the convenience and comfort of video vs. plain pictures and text
4) Video messages posted on a website - or individually on You Tube - enjoy improved conversion rates, clicks and reduced bounce rates
5) The search engines exist to assist online shoppers on the WWW and they are following consumer preferences to direct them to video
6) Relevancy and transparency is the most important element in an online advertising message and video delivers both quickly and easily
7) New Internet based technology has created video production applications and vSEO capabilities that are scalable and affordable
How to best utilize video to market your dealership most directly relies on number "7)" in the recap list above.
Video technology has improved along with the Internet partially due to the increased bandwidth that can now accommodate the larger files associated with a well produced video. The next generation of video promises smaller more efficient files and links to expedite download time so the expectations of the consumer will continue to be met. Even with today's technology consumers already expect video and they will often continue their search until they find one that answers their questions.
Production quality is only part of the solution in utilizing videos to market an auto dealership.
The best video in the world has no value if it is not seen or heard by a qualified, interested targeted consumer. Limiting an auto dealer's video placements to their own website drastically restricts their audience. The next generation of video focused automotive advertising applications already exists with vendors like Unity Works, Liquodus, Dealer.Com and SiSTeR Technologies with each providing their own solution to integrate video into marketing an auto dealership.
Philip Zelinger suggested that SiSTeR Technologies offers the most comprehensive video platform with several complimentary applications including their Video CarLot, (VCL), PushTube, YUTI and vShock products.
VCL develops automated video productions including human voice, video in video, interactive banners that provide additional product and price information with a "call to action" using algorithmic functions to link relevant data to the audio and fully produced video elements to provide a "Hollywood like" presentation that is both relevant and transparent to the car shopper. The finished videos can then be placed onto an auto dealership's website as well as any other third party online advertising sites that are currently distributing their inventory to; such as AutoTrader.Com and EveryCarListed.Com
. SiSTeR's PushTube application takes an auto dealer's distribution channel to another level through their dedicated API with YouTube that can position each individual video onto the search engines. Each video is fully index able with embedded search words and met tags to extend online marketing messages beyond an auto dealer's website and its related SEO. SiSTeR's pending release of their new applications, YUTI and vShock, promise to expand their video's role within YouTube beyond today's expectations by providing additional product and price information to online car buyers with additional search capabilities launched from within their video platform.
The following will recap "how" to utilize video to market an auto dealership:
1) Produce videos for all of the auto dealer's online inventory with scalable automated production applications that seamlessly link existing data and pictures
2) Provide the best quality production available to include human voice, video in video and customer interaction banners with a "call to action"
3) Place videos on the auto dealer's site, all 3rd party sites that they post their inventory on as well as individually on YouTube and the search engines
4) Use existing technologies to make all videos index able to insure top position on the search engines - vSEO
5) Maximize the conversion rates and minimize the bounce rate on all videos with applications that provide additional relevancy and transparency
Philip Zelinger summarized his position on the importance of using video to market on the Internet as follows
, "In my considered opinion as a former auto dealer, current owner of a nationally recognized automotive advertising agency - Ad Agency Online, L.L.C. - and host of a free automotive advertising resource / networking portal - www.AdAgencyOnline.Net - I believe that video represents the future of online automotive advertising. New car buyers and used car buyers are demanding more for less in both their time and effort and unless the information can be delivered online in a two inch by two inch platform that walks and talks and that can be found on their computer or PDA then the consumer will never see or hear it."
For additional information on the use of videos to market new cars and used cars online contact Philip Zelinger at www.AdAgencyOnline.Net , email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 1-888-796-2228.
To quote Philip, "Help is only a click - and a video - away!" ###