Professional Community for Automotive Marketers, Car Dealers, OEM and Suppliers
In sales, it’s important to get people to like you. This includes several steps to connecting with customers in both the showroom and on the service drive:
• Choose your attitude – The first thing you must do is decide to have a positive attitude with every customer.
That’s right. Attitude is a choice and customers can read your attitude like a book. They know if you want to be there or not.
• Dress for success – A suit and tie are not as important as clean, neatly pressed attire. Avoid wearing worn out shoes or faded clothing. And be sure to keep your hair properly groomed.
• Smile and make appropriate eye contact – Your first impression is critical to connecting. A smile eases tension and tells the customer you’re glad to be there.
• Listen with the intent to understand – People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. So listen to the message and identify the words or behaviors that demonstrate learning preferences. This is called empathy.
• Be personable – Get to know your customer. Whenever possible, find out about their life outside the car. Who are they? And then have fun and enjoy getting to know them.
• Customize your presentation – Once you know who they are, adapt to their style and make a specific presentation that is tailored just for them.
CPI is the leader in successful sales strategies. Contact us today to learn how we can help! Thanks for watching.