Professional Community for Automotive Marketers, Car Dealers, OEM and Suppliers
We all have stress — at work, at home, on the road and when you’re working long hours without managing it, concentrating on your job can be difficult! Today’s Get Fit Tip of the Day, 5 ways to manage stress in the work place!
Let’s face it, no one’s life is completely stress-free! There's so much that can make your body react as if you were facing a physical threat! Sometimes we can feel especially stressed because of a bad interaction with a customer or co-worker, having too much work, or everyday hassles like getting stuck in traffic. Stress can keep you from feeling and performing your best — mentally, physically and emotionally. It’s important to know how to manage the stress in your life. Try these 5 simple techniques for managing it:
1. Count to 10 before you speak or react.
2. Go for a walk, even it’s just to the restroom and back. It can help break the tension and give you a chance to think things through.
3. If it’s not urgent, sleep on it and respond tomorrow. This works especially well for stressful emails.
4. Break down big to-do lists into smaller parts. Take one step at a time, instead of trying to tackle everything at once.
5. Turn the negative self-talk to positive. Instead of saying “I can’t do this” force yourself to say “I’ll do the best I can. I’ve got this!” Mindset is everything!
So try some of these techniques the next time you’re feeling stressed. And with practice you can learn to shift negative stress to be more manageable! And that’s the get fit tip of the day! Thanks for watching!