Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

What’s Your Dealer’s Chemistry with The Decision-Maker?

Change. It is always happening. Our typical reaction is either happiness and acceptance, or push and resistance. Regardless of our response, change occurs nonetheless. But it is our view to what is happening and how we face the change that is always the real issue.

It’s been quite a year. Just recently, GM announced the closing of many manufacturing facilities at the peril and loss of jobs for thousands. GM, like Ford and Chrysler, report that they are retooling, reinvesting, repositioning, and redesigning. Which includes not just the vehicle line-up, but also the company structure. All to meet a new bottom line and new consumer demand. Evolving consumer trends and tastes have forced OEMs to make extraordinary business decisions.

How Will Change Impact Leaders at the Retail Level?

As you gear up for 2019, be proactive. Create a list of elements and disciplines to re-examine, starting with consumer demand. As in, identifying who your consumer really is – and what do they want (and would love to demand) from your brand. If your brand message is Price, Price, Price – think again. The top reasons women report buying from her car dealer are 1.) Interaction with Sales Consultant, 2.) Dealer’s Reputation, and 3.) Price & Deal, in that order.[1]

It’s time to put your attention on this data and meet with your leadership body and marketing team. Women buy 46% of vehicles at new car dealerships today.[2] The other 54% carry the veto-power. What marketing effort are you going to put toward this market segment and what is your true opportunity?

Do you know that half of women car buyers go to an average of 3.2 dealers before buying?[3] That’s 200% more than the industry average. Are you tracking how many women visit and leave your store? How much additional business could you generate if 10% of these ups were engaged and became buyers? 15%?

Download this Chemistry Table and

Review with Your Leadership Team

Chemistry, Culture and Customer Experience

Women can buy a car anywhere. Stop playing the game of chance, hope and guessing. Be relevant and distinguish your store by communicating how you provide a total solution – beyond the mundane “price and best people”. Why? Because they remain watered-down messages in a sea of noise.

Specifically, these ads continue to ignore what the decision-maker wants during her automotive consumer journey – trust and a relationship. Just like the OEMs, it’s time to change how you communicate your culture, the experience that can be expected, as well as how it’s measured.

In other words, it’s time to go beyond the standard opening lines and dutiful CSI & reviews “benchmarks”.

To help navigate these discussions, we’ve created the “What’s Your Dealership’s Chemistry with the Decision-Maker?” chart. Creating a well-thought-out strategy will take time to implement, but it’s the right time to expand & elevate your marketing, sales process and positioning.

[1] 2017 US Women's Car Dealership Report https://women-drivers.com/2017-us-womens-car-dealer-report.pdf
[2] 2017 US Women's Car Dealership Report https;//women-drivers.com/2017-us-womens-car-dealer-report.pdf
[3] 2017 US Women's Car Dealership Report https;//women-drivers.com/2017-us-womens-car-dealer-report.pdf

Views: 12

Tags: buyers, car, cars, dealership, dealerships, female, women, women-drivers

Comment

Oops... You need to stop "Lurking" on ADM and become a more genuine Automotive Professional by completing your membership registration. As a registered ADM Member, you can post comments, publish your own articles (be a star!) and start Forum discussions. Stop being an online "Peeping Tom" and JOIN ADM RIGHT NOW!

Join Automotive Digital Marketing

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD
Sign up for

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......


Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. BG/SBLC FOR LEASE AND SALE

Posted by Nathani Abhishek on September 21, 2016

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2018   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service