If you spend lots of time in your vehicle for either pleasure and/or business, do you feel totally safe?
For many drivers, the idea of getting behind the wheel each and every day can at times prove frightening.
It may not be a result of their driving habits, rather the habits of countless others failing to obey the rules of the road. Even if you do feel totally safe in your car or truck, does it really feel like home when you’re in there?
With Christmas just around the corner, now would be a good time to be filling out that holiday wish list, possibly adding some automotive gifts to it.
From items that will make for a safer ride to those giving you a little more relaxation and comfort, put your thinking cap on today.
5 ItemsYou Would Love for the New Year
While Santa Claus might have to watch his budget, he could very well bring you some of the automotive items you yearn for.
Among some you might be thinking about:
- Car phone holder and mount – Just about everyone doesn’t leave home these days without their smartphone. As a result, it is bound to turn up somewhere in one’s car or truck while they’re driving. Given using a cell phone while driving is against the law in many states (if it is a handheld device) drivers need somewhere to put their devices while driving. Ask for a holder/mount so you can do business or talk personally with someone close to you while you head down the road;
- Backup cameras – While you might wonder why consumers buy backup cameras for their vehicles, you could very well find yourself using one sooner or later. How many times have you wished you had a little more guidance when backing up out of your driveway in a busy neighborhood? Would you want one of these items in your vehicle when trying to navigate out of a parking spot at a crowded store? If you occasionally rent cars or trucks these days, you will notice that many of the newer models actually have backup cameras up front. Now, ask yourself, is something that I could use in my vehicle 365 days a year? Even if you don’t always use it, it is nice to have it as an added safety feature.
Is It Time for a Better Car Seat Look and Feel?
- Car seat upgrades–Given how often you are in your vehicle, do you ever stop and think about what you may be doing to your back etc. with uncomfortable seats? Although a cover will not entirely alter the dimensions and feel of the driver’s seat, you can make it a little more comfy. If you live in a notoriously cold winter environment, there’s a good chance having heated seats in the wintertime feels like a must. For those individuals with a love of sports or just about anything else, they can get covers with their favorite logos on them;
- Car care bucket – How many times have you thought your vehicle needed a cleaning, but you either didn’t have the time or items necessary to do the job? If so, ask for a bucket of different cleaners. The bucket can include car wax, windshield wiper cleaner, bottle or two of oil to keep your engine running fine etc. Yes, Santa might even put a big bow on the bucket before all is said and done;
- Ultimate CD holder – If you’ve ever driven through the middle of nowhere (mountains, desert etc.), you know how mentally painful the drive can be without good music. In order to lessen those periods of time ever happening again, put the ultimate CD holder and organizer on your wish list. There are various holders out there, some of which can hold and organize a 100 or more of your favorite CD’s. Even better, having them neatly organized will leave less time for you to fiddle around for one while you are supposed to be paying attention to the road.
Given you can’t control the actions of countless other drivers on the road, making your ride safer and more comfortable is always a good thing.
So, put those requests to Santa in now.
Before you know it, you may find one or more automotive items under your tree or in your stocking.
If that’s the case, you will undoubtedly drive off with a great holiday.