Hearing about Klout.com? Is it showing up in your Twitter feeds, Facebook news feed, on Google+?
Klout is becoming bigger and bigger for those who want to know where they stand with their Social Media reach & influence.
So, what exactly is Klout?
The Klout Score measures influence based on your ability to drive action. Every time you create content or engage you influence others. The Klout Score uses data from social networks in order to measure:
- True Reach: How many people you influence
- Amplification: How much you influence them
- Network Impact: The influence of your network
Basically your Klout score is a rough indication of how successful you have been in getting people to respond to and share your content online in the past 90 days and especially the last 30. In the past 18 months my score has increased from 47 to fluctuating between 69 and 71. An average score on Klout is 20 but if one follows the following list their Klout score shall rise quickly. But keep in mind the higher your Klout score goes the harder it is to keep making it rise, i.e.: Its easier to go from 20 to 30 than 40 to 50, and easier to go from 40 to 50 than 60 to 70.
- Create content that will get a response. Don't always talk about yourself. Ask questions. Seek advise. Get people to comment on your personal Facebook posts and retweet your tweets. Share PopCulture and industry news. Try to share breaking news as quick as you can. (scheduling content works better for me. I use HootSuite to schedule 80% of my stuff on Twitter and Facebook)
- Reply in some way to everyone who engages you publicly. Hopefully within 24 hours but at least within the week. Promote the people who reach out to you.
- Share liberally and give credit to the creator and curator of the content that you share. Part of sharing is following, friending and circling back. Put yourself in the mind and position of the other person.
- Create at least some kind of content in automotive and publish it every day.This will brand you as an expert in automotive software & marketing. The sharing that you do will result in even more sharing of your stuff. Make sure you share each others content in sales.
- If someone compliments you or endorses you then allow and accept it. Promote it!
- Be 100% positive. Always. If possible be fun too. People go online to be inspired and entertained. Not depressed and bored.
- Thank your followers weekly. Create #FF (follow fridays on twitter), retweet your followers, +1 all your Google+ friends' posts, Like and comment on your Facebook friends.
- Be around at least a bit everyday. People will engage and share the content of those who they know will see that being done and people who they think will respond. 15 minutes a day is better than 10 hours on just one day a week
Klout.com can be used to track businesses too.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Office: 800.980.7488 X199