Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers
A big shout out to St. Louis based research firm Maritz and their recent "New Vehicle Customer Study" that confirms what I have been saying for over 25 years (and continues to this day) and that is simply that the salesperson at the dealership is what influences car buyers most.
"People buy from people", Chris Travell (Maritz Research) pointed out. Yes, social media is important along with all things digital and traditional. But the professional salesperson is the one that really rolls the sleeves up, goes over the vehicle, and makes sure the buyer has the right vehicle for them, their needs, and their situation.
Its about time the automotive salesperson got some love!
The Top 10 sources in The USA are:
1. Salesperson at the dealership (21.9 percent)
2. Family/ friend/ word of mouth (18.7 percent)
3. Consumer guides (18.4 percent)
4. Dealer’s/ manufacturer’s websites (8.6 percent)
5. Third-party websites (6.4 percent)
6. Automotive magazine reviews (6.1 percent)
7. TV advertisements (4.0 percent)
8. Dealer’s/ manufacturer’s brochures (3.2 percent)
9. Dealer/Manufacturer-event (2.4 percent)
10. Newspaper advertisements (1.7 percent)