For Automotive Social Marketing practitioners who would like to get deeper into tracking and analyzing Twitter marketing metrics and statistics, there are a number of handy apps you can use to analyze data. Some uses for these apps would be to track your brand name, see the data behind trending topics & to analyze your own followers. In this post I will be taking a look at some of the better low cost and free applications.
1. Twitter Stats
– Allows you to type a keyword in to the search and find out how many mentions of that on Twitter of a period of time. Displays a handy graph with your search result.
– A slightly more advanced version, this app shows the number of mentions of your keyword/brand and displays a chart, also shows the sentiment towards the keyword by showing negative and positive tweets.
3. Twitter Digest
– “Large amounts of fresh tweets are streamed from Twitter API in real time and analyzed by Open Calais and OpenNLP in real time. These conversations are from millions of Twitter users. Topics and keywords are automatically identified and ranked by popularity within a 24-hour period. The topics ranked at the top gives a timely snapshot of what most people are talking about on Twitter today.”
– A number of different apps to find out statistics about your twitter account such as, when you will reach 1 million followers, how long you have been a member, finding your first followers etc.
5. Twitter Analyzer
– Excellent app which lets you delve in to statistics about your account showing graphs of things like follower growth rate, commonly used hashtags, number of people exposed to your name etc. Twitter Analyzer is a cool tool if you are looking to make a detailed analysis of your presence and influence at Twitter. It gives you a graphical representation of your popularity, reach, hashtag usage, your follower growth rate, density map, demographics, your mentions (@), groups and much much more. Very fast and really impressive.
6. Twitter Top Twenty
– A number of Top 20 stats about twitter – top topics, users by followers etc.
7. Tweet Buzzer
– Realtime statistics on brands being mentioned on twitter – can use it to search for your own brand as well.
– Klout allows you to track the impact of your opinions, links and recommendations across your social graph. We collect data about the content you create, how people interact with that content and the size and composition of your network. From there, we analyze the data to find indicators of influence and then provide you with innovative tools to interact with and interpret the data.
- Great website that tracks how many tweets you have a month and has good and easy to read graphs on the stats that they support.
10. Twitter Grader
- Measures your Twitter influence considering various factors such as follower count, power of these followers, update frequency and volume of updates, etc. On a scale of 100 you are assigned a score that determines your Twitter popularity. Additionally this site also provides an elite list of twiples (based on ranking), top twitter countries, location, cities, US states. You need to be bit patient to know your score though!
- The TwInfluence tool takes into account factors like reach, velocity, social capital and centralization and grades you.
- This web app assigns you rank based on the number of followers. You may also get a rank based on the location as also get the tags that are associated with you. This is a nice tool to measure the growth rate of a user with respect to a timeline.
- This tracking tool judges your influence, signal, generosity, velocity, clout and assigns a grade for each item. An overall grade is presented on a scale of 100 depending on the above factors.
- This software evaluates your Twitter popularity and assigns you a grade on a scale of 10. It also gives you a rank based on your score amongst all the users who have participated in Twitter so far.
15. Tweeple Rank
- Based on the number of recommendations (tweets, bios, tags) Tweeple Rank
assigns a rank which actually denotes your measure of popularity gained over time in Twitter.
- TwitRank has an easy to use and clean interface that grades your Twitter presence on a scale of 10.
- Twitterank analyzes your incoming @replies and grades your ‘talkbacks’. A detailed explanation can be found about the functionality of this tool at the FAQ page.
8 Analytics Apps for Twitter
How Popular are You? Top 10 Tools to Measure Your Twitter Influence and Grade