Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders
As savvy as internet marketers tend to be, you’d think there wouldn’t be much they could learn about the sites they use nearly every day. As it turns out, that’s not true at all. Here are ten surprising facts about social media that every automotive marketing professional should know.
10. 60% of Americans 50-64 Have a Profile on a Social Networking Site
Social media isn't just for kids any more. A whopping 78% of Americans age 30-49 have profiles, while the sharpest increase in the past year has been in the 50+ demographic.
9. 22% of Americans Use Social Networking Sites Several Times Per Day
In the past year, 12 million more Americans are using social networking multiple times per day. Tapping into this “Social Habit” is more important than ever.
8. Twitter's Fastest Growing Demographic is the 55–64 Age Group
7. 25% of Consumers Who Complain About Products on Facebook or Twitter Expect a Response Within 1 Hour
In the fast past world of social media, timeliness is everything. Smart dealerships will have a response team in place and able to handle questions and complaints quickly.
6. 25% of Smartphone Owners Ages 18–44 Say They Can’t Recall The last Time Their Smartphone Wasn’t Next to Them
Mobile marketing is on the rise, and optimizing your site for mobile search should be a top priority. When consumers search for products on mobile, it's most likely because they intend to make a purchase in the very near future.
5. Google + is Now The Second Biggest Social Media Site in the World
With 26% of internet users active on the site, Google+ now outranks both YouTube and Twitter. In addition, the largest male population of social networkers can be found on Google+, with 70 percent of its users being men.
3. 81 Percent of U.S. Online Consumers Trust Information and Advice From Pinterest
2. 83.8% of Luxury Brands Have a Presence on Pinterest
1. 47% Say Facebook Has the Greatest Impact on Purchase Behavior
More than ever, social media is gaining a bigger presence in the lives of every consumer. It's important that marketers take note of social networking trends and adjust their strategies accordingly.