Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders
Thanks to Salerno Duane, the Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad has a new temporary home while the construction of their new building is completed. With the help of their Capital Campaign, they have been able to raise most of the funds necessary to fund the new construction.
Why they need a new and improved facility?
• The ambulance bays are too small — they were made for Cadillac ambulances popular in the 1960s, not the rigs of today, which are taller and wider than the Cadillacs.
• There are only three bays and the squad has four ambulances, plus a GMC Yukon first responder vehicle and a mass casualty trailer.
• There is no decontamination area where clothes and equipment can be washed after a call.
• Storage is insufficient.
• There are no sleeping quarters, so crew members are only in the squad building from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., under normal circumstances.
• The kitchen is too small and outdated.
• The building has a flat roof which, despite repairs, still leaks.
• A better training area is needed.
Support the Summit First Aid Squad Capital Campaign!
If you would like to find out more about the Capital Campaign and how you could support the cause, check out this page: http://www.salernoduaneford.com/2014/04/24/salerno-duane-provides-h...