Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Share the Winners...What Are You Using For Your Day One Follow Up Process?

I've noticed a recurring problem in some BDC's.  The BDC agents have become too "task" oriented and have forgotten the real reason why they are there - to drive showroom traffic.  My frustration came to a boil recently when I noticed a familiar pattern, customer sends in a new lead, BDC agents calls the customer, sends an email and moves on to the next customer.  Huh?  The goal is to make DIRECT CONTACT with the customer and to schedule a SOLID appointment, effectively taking the customer out of the market.  When did we fall into this trap of confusing busy work with productivity?  As a new Internet Manager in 2001, I figured out pretty quickly that if you couldn't get a customer to respond to you, you had very little chance of ever seeing them in the showroom.  My Day One Process is designed to overwhelm the customer with information and help me stand out from my competitors. My process is as follows:

9:00 a.m. - New Vehicle Lead Comes In

9:00 a.m. - Call immediately to confirm the vehicle (trim, options, etc.) , find out where they live and if they have a trade.  If no answer, leave a message.

9:01 a.m. - Send a price quote with a Buy Price, Lease Quote and (2) Pre-Owned Alternatives

12:00 p.m. - Call again.  If no answer, don't leave a message.

12:01 p.m. - Send an email with a Why Buy Here Video.

3:00 p.m. - Call again from cellphone. If no answer, don't leave a message.

3:01 p.m. - Send an email with third party review info about why the vehicle they selected is a great choice (KBB, Edmunds, NewCarTestDrive, Consumer Reports, etc.)

6:00 p.m. - Call again and leave a message.  Explain that a 2-3 minute conversation can save several days of going back and forth by email.

In summary, Day One for a fresh lead is 4 phone calls and 3 emails.

In my experience, a BDC following this Day One process will have a Lead to Set ratio above 50% if they continue consistent follow up.  I would love some feedback.  Do you think this process is too much and will annoy potential customers?  I can tell you that 5-10% of customers will complain but many of those people are the same ones that complained that the sun came up this morning. I try to focus on the other 90%.  Please share your Day One process.

Views: 69

Tags: Aggressive, BDC, Best, Call, Center, Follow, Practices, Processes, Up

Comment

Oops... You need to stop "Lurking" on ADM and become a more genuine Automotive Professional by completing your membership registration. As a registered ADM Member, you can post comments, publish your own articles (be a star!) and start Forum discussions. Stop being an online "Peeping Tom" and JOIN ADM RIGHT NOW!

Join Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD
Sign up for

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

 

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......


Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service