ZMOT its everywhere seems like these days. With Google as the general session at Digital Dealer this year I thought I would talk about how we see the execution of ZMOT for dealers. Below are the slides from my presentation. I think these numbers will add up to a pattern if you look at the slides closely.
There is not ONE ZMOT in Automotive there are TWO
- People spend as much time consuming online media as they do off
- Targeting is getting better & faster online, you can now target display like you target adwords
- Offline marketing is just pushing consumers online so you have to be in both and understand where you are pushing them
- It doesn’t matter how good you are at adwords or display, if your ad sucks you won’t get the click no matter how relevant you think your message is to the keyword
- It doesn’t matter how good you are with your adwords or display and even your ad if your landing doesn’t match what you promised you won’t get the conversion
- Remarketing is valuable if you use it right, if you just send the consumer back to the same page they didn’t like before it’s NOT
- IT TAKES A COORDINATED STRATEGY ONLINE AND OFF TO WIN, NOT JUST AN INTEGRATED OR BUNDELED ONE
At the end of the day, I still see a lot of “Marketing Partners” who have a product, widget or new shiny object to sell not a coordinated service offering to help the dealer sell & service more cars.