No matter what industry you’re in, mobile accessibility affects the everyday lives of everyone.
The world has become mobile accessible from every direction. From online shopping, keeping in touch with friends and/or family, to purchasing a vehicle, the mobile experience has become the standard for any sort of internet experience. Individuals in every arena are accessing information through multiple sources, with mobile accessibility being the target goal for most platforms.
This does not exclude automotive dealerships, so why would a dealership work from a CRM that is either desktop based or only partially mobile?
With a mobile accessible CRM, the dealership sales staff has the ability to take the desk with them throughout the sales floor, as well as anywhere on the lot. However, even in 2016, many dealerships believe that they possess an entirely mobile accessible CRM while only holding one that is partially mobile. Taking a look at the impact a TRULY mobile CRM can have on the dealerships sales and its staff will help assess the validity of the dealerships current CRM. It will also allow those currently working with a truly mobile CRM the opportunity to improve the impact they have on the dealerships success.
Here are a few key attributes of a mobile CRM...
- Improve Customer Experience. Customers spend an enormous amount of time researching a vehicle before purchase, much of which is not even at the dealership. Essentially, almost all the car buying process for a consumer is off the lot, with a test drive and signing paperwork being the small amount spent on the lot. In that research, a consumer will eventually know the exact car that they will purchase, as well as the amount they are most likely to pay. Many will have already contacted the dealership through its website and filled out a form providing their intent to the sales staff. Therefore, the need for exceptional customer service when the consumer arrives is a must. However, the sales personnel must be equipped with the tools to handle such a well-informed consumer. With a mobile CRM, this aspect is streamlined making the car buying and the car selling process easier. With the ability to access customers’ information through a cell phone or tablet, as well as the exact vehicle they’ve been pursuing and how much they’re looking to pay each month, the salesperson is able to walk the customer through the buying process in a fraction of the time it takes when sitting at the desk.
- Ease of Use For Personnel.A mobile CRM allows for an easier usage for dealerships personnel, which in turn creates a much more cohesive environment for all to use. All departments have the opportunity to access it with the ability to stay on target for the overall dealerships success. With a mobile CRM, the staff can take it a step further. For example, if a sold customer has made a service appointment, the salesperson can set up an alert upon the arrival of the customer. In doing so, the sales rep can build on the relationship that has already been forged, and inquire into their next vehicle. All of which, can be done from a mobile device. Allowing the follow-up to occur in the service department, out onto the lot, and even while on a test drive.
- Immediate Information Entry.Too many times sales staff have had to ask the customer to walk inside to the desk to enter information, provide rates, run credit, etc. This is, in almost all cases, the exact opposite of what consumers want. The most enjoyable time a consumer will have is on the lot and on the test drive. Why not utilize that experience? Whether the salesperson is entering customer information, checking inventory, running credit, or penciling a deal, having the opportunity to enter all necessary information from a mobile device is instrumental in closing deals. Especially with customers who are frightened of the dealership showroom. If the customer is happiest outside on the lot and while on the test drive, using that momentum to enter and provide information. It can be the difference between a sold customer, and a lost lead.
- Productivity Improvement.The days of the sales staff standing around the showroom, waiting for their next up, are over. Or, at least the standing around “watching the lot” portion should be. With a mobile CRM, as well as having the most advanced and in-depth CRM's available, sales personnel can fill the time between turns with useful and meaningful work. Using a mobile CRM allows the staff to monitor leads, contact consumers, and stay up to date on all tasks, while on the floor or on the lot. Between customers, using a mobile CRM allows the salesperson the ability to close more deals instead of watching the day pass by.
- Instant Access 24/7.In talking about productivity, the largest aspect of this is the accessibility at any time of the day, in any location. Utilizing a mobile CRM is key for the modern salesperson, because the ability to be “always on” is crucial in this industry. Customers don’t know a salesperson’s weekly schedule. No matter how many times a staff member will inform the customer that they have Friday’s off, that customer will almost always call on Friday. No longer is this an issue, if the dealership uses a mobile CRM. There’s no need to wait until the salesperson is back in the office to help a customer. Whether they’re at home, at a baseball game, or shopping, with a truly mobile CRM tool the sales staff are, in a way, forced to keep themselves available. This industry doesn’t turn off at 6pm, and the sales staff shouldn’t either. In such a competitive marketplace, no matter the geographical location, dealerships cannot afford to take time off. Utilizing a mobile CRM will not only allow for better productivity, but also prevent any customers from slipping away.
While a mobile CRM is a key to success, it also matters what CRM the dealership is utilizing. The software must be truly mobile, and have the ability to access EVERY aspect that the desktop version would have. CRM’s such as CRMSuite allow the dealership to use every piece of the CRM on a mobile device. From entering contacts, contacting leads through email, text and phone, to penciling deals with up to date rates and residuals, CRMSuite’s advanced technology provides the dealership the tools necessary to get the competitive edge, be more efficient, and close more deals. No matter if the sales personnel are at the desk, on the lot, or at home, there should never be another missed opportunity that slips through the cracks.
About The Author:
Aubrey Hankins serves as Social Media Marketing Director for CRMSuite, a software company providing dealerships with industry leading, technologically advanced CRM Software. With almost 10 years of marketing and social media experience, he brings a wealth of informative automotive discussion and debate, all in order to help dealers sell more cars.