Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders
Marketing to Women Case Study: FIAT of Austin Lisa Copeland, General Manager
FIAT of Austin sales numbers are still steadily rising with a startling 63.7% of vehicles sold to women car buyers.
FIAT of Austin sales numbers are still steadily rising with a startling 63.7% of vehicles sold to women car buyers. The FIAT of Austin studio experience is currently the #1 FIAT dealer in the US and opened their doors just last year in March of 2011. Lisa Copeland is the innovative GM who heads up this success, her passion is focused on improving the dealership experience for women, and gaining market-share by focusing on the women car buyer.
Half her dealers — and half her managers — are women, in a business where women often don’t like car shopping. One is not overwhelmed with choices. There are two models: A hatchback and a convertible. They come in six trims. Copeland’s store has sold more than 850 in just over a year.
“In all my years in the car business, I’ve never been so energized,” Lisa Copeland, GM says. “The No. 1 thing people say is they like the experience. No pressure. I don’t want someone to take a FIAT out of here if they don’t love it.”
They have formally defined the FIAT of Austin culture in terms of 10 core values:
1) Deliver WOW Through Service
2) Embrace and Drive Change
3) Create Fun and Exciting environment
4) Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5) Pursue Growth and Learning
6) Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7) Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8) Do More With Less
9) Be Passionate and Determined
10) Be Humble
1. The location looks very posh and classy, both inside and out and their "studio experience" caters to the woman car buyer.
2. The staff, including managers is 50% women, and participates in extensive ongoing training on selling , marketing and advertising to women and are AskPatty.com Certified Female Friendly®.
3. Community involvement has been key in building relationships with women by partnering and supporting women's organizations like Girls Scouts USA, the Texas Women in Business Networking Event and the Stiletto Stampede for the Cure is a high heel dash (100 yards) with a mission to encourage young women and men to know and understand the risks of breast cancer and empower them to prevent the disease by utilizing overall Breast Self-Awareness through early detection, screening methods and education.
4. Running relevant "women-centric" promotions and events that resonate with women in the Austin,Texas market is one of their cornerstones of success.
Girl Scout USA Cookie Thin Mint FIAT Give-Away
Stiletto Stampede for the Cure
LezBeProud and FIAT of Austin are teaming up to KICK OFF PRIDE in A...
FIAT of Austin and GUCCI!
FIAT of Austin community mural on SoCo! Who can tell us Where on So...
FIAT of Austin Pink Pages Launch party
5. An effective social media presence and out-reach to women, including their blog "Buying Cars Her Way".
Two recent testimonials:
The experience was unlike any other car I've ever purchased. Friendly, no pressure, relaxed, informative, and relatively quick. I also feel like I got a fair
amount for my trade, and I Love my new Fiat!
Glasses Girl Austin
Such a fantastic experience! From the moment we walked in the door we felt so welcomed and cared for. Brandon was super knowledgeable about all
the vehicles features and options. All the folks in the showroom were amazing with our 3 year old daughter too! This was by far the absolute best car
buying experience I have ever had. Oh, and PS - I am so in love my new Fiat 500 Pop!!!
Dana Douglas Duran
AskPatty.com Certified Female Friendly®