What is PowerDealer?
In addition to being where I work, PowerDealer is an app that is best described as Web-based dealer management software that provides car dealers with access to their own dealership's retail transaction data, alongside those same data points aggregated from over 11,000 dealerships in North America.
Besides your own dealership, or your dealer group's multiple roof-tops, car dealers and authorized managers can see how their store compares with other dealerships by franchise. The performance metric comparisons provided by the PowerDealer dashboard are the single most accurate management performance benchmarks in the auto industry. They are based on more than 117 million new and used vehicle sales, with the numbers and data points updated every day of the year. If you are, or decide to become a PowerDealer, you have a competitive advantage available to your management team because your dealership's participation enables a meaningful comparison of performance relative to your local, regional and national markets.
It’s simple: When dealers use the PowerDealer data, it tells a clear story... which empowers Automotive Retail Management professionals to drive better business results for their new and used vehicle sales, used car inventory, Business Development Center (BDC), sales departments, Internet Sales Teams and F&I departments.
Car Dealers Have Asked: "What's In It For Me?"
My answers include emphasizing that using real-time information, PowerDealer data and performance metrics empower dealers to:
Monitor sales activity for same-brand and other brand competitors in your market
Compare your dealership’s gross profit PVR to competitors in your region
Identify value of trade-ins by comparing similar trade-ins in your market
Improve used car inventory ROI by pricing trade-ins closer to the competition
Analyze data on your sales operations by model mix, turn, profit margin, and more
Over half of all franchised car dealerships in the U.S. have discovered that PowerDealer is the accurate, reliable and real-time answer to many of their daily management questions:
- Where can I find quick new and used vehicle inventory turnovers?
- How can I successfully tie more market-driven trade appraisals into my direct market?
- How is my competition selling their vehicles and how can I conquest sales and improve my market share?
- How can I increase my used-vehicle sales and profitability?
- Where can I find which new and used vehicles in my market have the lowest turn rate and highest profitability to help me both stock the right inventory and expand my inventory choices?
- How can I reduce my advertising spend PVR, while making all my advertising and promotions more effective at targeting the right automotive consumers?
- New/Used Customer Sales Google Map: Using a map-and-pins style graphic, shows where the dealership’s customers are coming from and what they purchased.
- New/Used Sales by ZIP Code and Compare Sales by ZIP: These two separate reports, with versions for both new sales and used sales, allow the dealership to assess how marketing and sales efforts impact performance. Sales, updated daily, can be tracked by ZIP code, county, city or state; as well as by comparison of two time periods to view vehicle sales data.
- New/Used Average Deal Recap Report: Compares the components of deal structure between the dealership’s sales and those of competitors. This report also helps the dealership spot performance gaps and identify areas where adjustments may improve volume and profitability. Know your risk factors on every vehicle on your lot.
- New-Vehicle ROI Report: Shows analysis by model line for each franchise the dealership sells, compared to other PIN dealers in the market area that carry the same franchise. The report identifies whether competitors are turning the dealership’s same-franchise best-selling model line faster, which aids in determining whether gross should be considered rather than turn rate.
- New/Used Finance/Leasing Report: Allows dealers to see which lenders are offering the best finance and leasing options, and provides multiple options other than the captive lender. Allows a dealership to determine how to increase profitability by identifying lenders that offer lower buy rates.
- Used-Vehicle Booking Tool: Makes it easy to manage used-vehicle inventory. By entering a VIN or make model and year, the tool ranks the vehicle by ROI against all models in the market, as well as recent sales and recent trade-in ACVs (Actual Cash Values).
- Used-Vehicle Guidebook (Pricing Report): Provides dealers with information on which vehicles are moving in the dealership’s market area. Allows dealers to improve inventory mix by evaluating trade-in value and auction and wholesale purchases. The report lists vehicles by make, year, model and trim level and includes the vehicle cost (including recon) at the time of sale, as well as sale price, gross, retail turn rate, ROI, and volume.
- New-Vehicle Franchise Performance: This report, unique to PIN, shows the entire PIN market at a glance, which allows the dealership to monitor franchise performance in their market area. The report also shows key components of deal structure for each new nameplate sold in the dealer’s market area, as well as select back-end sales, finance reserve, warranty penetration, price and income.The report allows the dealership to compare with most competitor makes to identify areas in which to improve dealership competitive edge, such as monthly payments and APR terms.
How PowerDealer uses PIN:
The vast majority of franchised new car dealers in the USA can access PowerDealer at no direct cost to them because their OEM is already funding this software as a service. Let PowerDealer help you benchmark your dealership performance vs. your competition, while identifying key profit opportunities. For more information, or enrollment assistance, please contact:
phone: (716) 829-9368
phone: (904) 759-8082
Visit www.MyPowerDealer.com where ADM members can access the PowerDealer demo site by using the following user credentials:
The following gems are just a few of the many features you can experience on a hands-on basis.
- PowerDealer Dashboard: Provides visual comparison of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and allows for customized goal setting
- Customer Sales Google Map: Illustrates where customers are coming from
- Used-Vehicle Guidebook: Improve inventory mix by evaluating trade-in value and auction and wholesale
For more information, please contact:
Tom Morris at 716-829-9368 or at Thomas.Morris@jdpa.com
Hugh Peeples at 904-759-8082 or at Hugh.Peeples@jdpa.com