Is The TV Business Starting To Collapse? http://www.businessinsider.com/tv-business-collapse-2012-6?0=media
- We almost never watch television shows when they are broadcast anymore (with the very notable exception of live sports)
- We rarely watch shows with ads, even on a DVR
- We watch a lot of TV and movie content, but always on demand and almost never with ads (We're now so used to watching shows via Netflix or iTunes or HBO that ads now seem like bizarre intrusions)
- We get our news from the Internet, article by article, clip by clip. The only time we watch TV news live is when there's a crisis or huge event happening somewhere. (You still can't beat TV for that, but soon, news networks will also be streamed).
- We watch TV and movie content on 4 different screens, depending on which is convenient (TV, laptops, phones, iPad)