The good folks at Brafton have created an Infographic that really steals the thunder from a post I have been working on. So I am sharing it on ADM along with some examples of how their YouTube channel optimization tips can be applied in the real world of automotive video marketing.
1) Channel Setup and Design - Set the stage for positive transactions with a sleek branded design.
- Here is an example of a dealer YouTube channel that is optimized with color, branding, profile information, links, keywords, etc.
2) Video Content Strategy - Use diverse videos to reach unique audiences and fill the sales funnel.
- Brafton is preaching to the quire. Here is a "blueprint" we introduced previously on ADM that shows the kind of videos that a dealer should target for production and where thy fit in the sales funnel.
3) Calls to Action - Don't breed couch potatoes: Give viewers next steps with CTAs.
- For CarClip videos, we can create custom CTAs using YouTube annotations and links to VDPs as shown.
4) Annotations - Make sure your main points are clear, with interactive commentary.
- With a short-form CarClip conversion video like the one shown, we use a custom voice over to highlight the pre-owned car's distinctive attributes. We use annotations to keep the viewer engaged by providing a link to the appropriate YouTube channel playlist where similar inventory items can be browsed and as a CTA to subscribe to the channel (great for SEO).
5) Thumbnails - Generate standout thumbnails for YouTube and search engine clicks.
- We have written extensively on this topic. See our previous how-to post on custom YouTube thumbnails.
6) Search Friendly Video Tags - Show up on search screens. Optimize videos for maximum SEO.
- We've written extensively on this topic in our ADM blog. See our latest post on video keyword optimization.
7) Playlists - Engage viewers with videos they love through topic-specific playlists.
- Playlists are a great way to organize your pre-owned inventory for ease of browsing and to help with search on YouTube as shown.
8) Engage, Engage, Engage - Create human conversations around videos to show a brand's human side.
- Likes, subscriptions, comments - all are key to better SEO, reputation and of course engagement on YouTube. We have written about this on ADM. An example is shown.
9) Subscriptions, Social and Cross-Promotions - Build audience touch points and loyalty among viewers.
- Brafton is really just touching the surface on the opportunity for social syndication and promotion of your video content. Our recent post touches on this topic and we plan to write more extensively on this topic soon.
10) Analyze Insights - Be a smart director, refine your video strategy for maximum results.
- A great topic and one that is worthy of its own blog post (any requests?). Any analysis should support some set of goals, such as better SEO, conversion rates, etc. For example, we create a baseline SEO report for our dealers, which shows them how they are performing in local SEO for their top models in long-tail local search on Google. We then produce monthly reports to show them how they are performing using the same search terms under our CarClips program.
Here, without further ado, is the infographic from the good folks at Brafton: