What a wonderful time of year! Wouldn’t you agree? It is wonderful even as we draw near to the end of a year that our children and our children’s children will study in their economics classes. So what can we do to turn this giant American economic ship around? Here are five things that can make a difference right now:
1. Change your attitude. You’ve heard your whole life that attitude is everything and frankly it is. We can change the economy first and perhaps most dramatically by changing our attitudes. Positive thoughts and encouragement can make a huge difference. The sooner we move out of this “fear” that has gripped many of us the last few months and on to the great opportunity in front of us the better. Christmas is a great time to start and we can carry our momentum into 2009. Warren Buffet once said, “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful. “ The sooner the glass looks half full to you, the sooner it will be full!
2. Start now. There has never been a better time to get a great deal on just about anything. Probably the greatest opportunity is on a new automobile for the family. Auto dealers all over the country are moving into the part of the year (the last week of December) that is traditionally one of the best weeks of the year for them. They are aching to make you a deal on a new or pre-owned vehicle. Take advantage of their need to sell!
3. Start at home. When you go make a large purchase like an automobile, spending those dollars at home makes a huge difference to your local economy. Auto dealers provide hundreds of local jobs in everything from advertising to windshield repair. The money you spend locally on a vehicle will go straight back into the community. Auto dealers are also very charitable and traditionally give generously to local charities.
4. Pay it forward. This was the title of a recent movie and it’s a great lesson for us all. This holiday season, if you are fortunate enough to have your needs met, get out and do something for those in the community who can’t do for themselves. Start a tradition this year of adopting a family in need and buying a Christmas gift for them.
5. Be thankful. We may be in valley right now, but this is America…the land of the free and the home of the brave! There is no place on earth like our place. For many, this time is the opportunity that we’ve waited for our whole life. Grab it…don’t fear it! Thank God we are here now and in a country that has a free market system that allows us the opportunity to succeed.
Moving into the upcoming new year at www.EveryCarListed.com
, we have a lot of new and exciting things going on. Please check back frequently as we will be making some announcements early in 2009 that will give you, the car shopping consumer, more inventory and more options when shopping for your next vehicle. Remember, as always you can sell your car for free on our site year round: http://www.everycarlisted.com/sellingcars.php
To Digg this - http://digg.com/autos/Five_Things_I_Can_Do_to_Stimulate_the_Economy
To see more check out the EveryCarListed.com blog
Happy New Year ADMers!