I've seen a whole lot of dealer websites over my life. Most look the same.
While everybody's proud of their SEO, while their Mozrank http://moz,com is in the toilet.
Like I've said before, we know how to kill, but few know how to hunt.
Most dealers are focused on the same goal;
They're all in competition for the same buyers that are currently in the market right now...this minute.
Tomorrow is the enemy for a dealership that needs to hit a target by the end of the day. And so it everyone else that has a dealership.
What's left up for grabs is a whole world of shoppers, strangers, and researchers that are asking questions everywhere and about anything regarding purchasing or servicing cars. They're having their ZMOT www.zeromomentoftruth.com/ moment without even the dealer knowing because they are not on the dealer's website.
So why would you attract people who are not buying today?
a) Because if you write good content,they will follow. And possibly buy.
b) Because no-one else is doing it.
Here is just a few topics my writers love to blog to gain peoples trust and attention. I have over 200 of them. Here’s a few that I could think of on the top of my head.
- How to buy a car.
- How to buy my first car.
- How to buy a used car under $5000.
- How to buy a truck
- How to buy a truck to pull a travel trailer.
- Truck or car. Should you switch?
- How to know the real book value of your car
- How to research values of cars.
- When the proper time of day or week to test drive a car.
- How do you know which cars you would like?
- What is your car personality?
- How to hold a Community car-washes at a dealership
- How to hold a Humane Society adoption program at a dealership
- How to get a car dealer to sponsor your athletic team
- How to buy the right things when you're in the finance department
- Extended warranty; bargain or not
- What purchases are essential after you buy your car?
- Buy or Lease your next car?
- Buy your next car new or used?
- One vehicle never to buy used
- What interest rates do you qualify for when buying a car?
- What’s a FICO credit score?
- What manufacturers have programs that would help you buy a new car with bad credit
- Why do some cars depreciate so much?
- How to find a car that won’t depreciate too quickly.
- Hybrid vehicles; are they worth it?
- What are seven things you should consider before you buy a car?
- Where can you go for research before you buy a car?
- How do you know needs from wants in a new car?
- How to find a good honest salesman?
- How do you research an honest dealership?
- How do I know when to trade in my car for the best resell value?
- Import vs. domestic car- Which one?
- Should I consider a domestic car?
- Does certain color of cars get more tickets?
- Are there safer colors than others to be driving?
- What do the lights mean on my dash?
- What should my tire pressure should be?
- How do I get my new radio to work?
- How do I set up my Bluetooth?
- How do I get Pandora to stream music and my radio in my car?
- What I need to know before I start out on my summer trip?
- What are the most essential service items?
- I must do to keep my car running?
- What does it mean when my check engine light comes on?
- When should I really rotate my tires and what difference does it make?
- Why do tires seem to wear out sooner on a new car?
- What are the best small gas mileage cars out there for the price?
- What can I do to get better gas mileage out of my current car?
- Should I run regular or premium in my car?
- Snow tires are they necessary on my vehicle?
- What type of oil should I be running in the winter time in my vehicle?
- Why is it important not to miss an oil change reminder?
- Synthetic or regular oil?
- Which oil should I use in my car and why?
- How can you know the interest rate is before you see a dealer?
- How does a dealer choose a car loan or bank for me?
- Why don't I get a choice in which bank to use at a car dealership?
- What are the terms of financing for a car and why should I go longer or shorter in my bank?
- How to read a dealership contract.
- What is gap insurance?
- What is glass etching on a car?
- What is warranty insurance on my motor?
- What is my rights when it comes to money back guarantees at a dealership?
- Do I have time to bring my car back if I don't like it?
- New model release and comparisons- from a trusted source
I’m not sharing today is the magic of developing call to actions and landing pages on these topics that would give you the power to create followers and believers. You'll have to contact me for more information on that.
Lesson today; Make a decision to start connecting with non buyers or potential buyers that are in the research stage, and you won't have to buy them later. They make great retention customers that are easy to delight.
Start writing for your audience so that they have reason to trust you.
As the start to see your dealership logo or link on cars.com or some other pay for search site your'll already be branded as the good guys.
Or, believe it or not, they may just contact you directly like the other 70% organic searches try to do.