Today I will write about how to make a blog bring real benefits, and not just follow the fashion.
It has long been understood that in today's world a corporate blog is an integral part of the company's presentation on the Internet. But does the blog justify the hopes that were placed on it? If so, keep it up, you're on the right track. If not, it's time to change something.
First of all, answer yourself (honestly) to three questions:
- What is your company blog today? - repository monotonous content or still something useful for the reader.
- How often is the material published on the blog?
- Is this the material your readers are waiting for?
Have you answered? Fair? Now let's check what we did. Are these five key attributes on your blog?
- Limited and low quality articles. Publications are small, non-informative, focused exclusively on their own products.
- The lack of specificity. The published material can be easily copied, replaced by a few words and now a ready description for another product. The monotony of the presented material.
- No feedback from readers. There are no emotions in the content. Reviews and comments cat wept, but about zero indicators of social buttons and do not want to talk. It's like that?
- The lack of a clear binding to the company's brand. The audience does not associate your blog with your brand.
- Disorder blog life. There is no clear timetable for new publications. Readers do not know for sure when to expect new information.
Enough to understand how bad things are? Personally, this was enough for me. Not one of the points above, I can not say that the Marketer Diary meets the requirements. We urgently need to change something. But what? How to make a blog a working tool to attract and retain customers?
7 steps, and the corporate blog has become a marketing machine i.e redleos(.)com for attracting customers
Below are seven simple points that will lead the company's blog to the proper level of customer acquisition. Moreover, customers who are loyal to you and are interested in your product or service.
- Focus on your target audience. Examine the customer and give him the material he needs. Your content writing staff should influence the reader’s emotions. And this can be done only by understanding what emotions will work.
- Stand out How many corporate blogs are written on similar to your subject. What are you different? Find your niche, focus on the unique information of your market. You just have to be different.
- Determine the need. Find out what your readers want to find, what they are already looking for on the net. To do this, there are a bunch of services and data statistics. Try to write only about what is really important for those who will read you. Determine the main topics and keep to the chosen direction.
- Create a series of publications. Who remembers the series "Santa Barbara"? How long did he go three to five years? And he was very popular. And every episode was waited impatiently. Do the same within the chosen vector of publications. Make the reader go in
- Do not forget about the brand. Embed the elements of your brand in your blog design. It can be a memorable font, a certain combination of colors, a logo, after all. The main thing that the reader formed a clear association of the blog with your brand.
- Add a call to action. Make your blog another sales tool. This may be a link to the product page. This may be a request, and not necessarily an explicit one, to commit certain actions. It can be anything, one task - to push the client to make the necessary gestures to us.
- Track performance. A corporate blog is a sales tool just like everyone else. And the effectiveness of this online tool should be considered. And correctly assess the prospects.
That's all. Isn't it difficult? Reader, do you think how all this is realizable and similar to the truth for Runet? Abroad it works. Abroad, corporate blogs are truly marketing machines that generate a stream of loyal audiences. And we have? Write your opinion in the comments. I have already decided for myself, it's time to start a change - the first will be the content, the second stage is the design, and the third.