If we were to make a list of modern day, first world problems, then the most inconvenient of them all would be getting stranded on a deserted road, all thanks to a faulty or dead car battery. One can’t be too careful when it comes to taking proper care of the battery. While buying quality batteries such as Exide or Amaron battery for cars does ensure a smooth ride, you need to always keep an eye out for certain signs that imply your car battery is faulty and needs a thorough check.
- Dim Headlights: If you observe that the headlights of your car aren’t shining with the intensity that they should be, it is safe to assume that your car battery may be failing. It makes sense when you think of it this way: all components of the car need a sufficient amount of power to work, including the headlights. If the battery is discharging, then the headlights won’t shine at full brightness, given the lack of power supplied.
- Clicking sound when you turn the key: As soon as you put the key in the ignition, an electrical current is sent to the starter solenoid. In case the battery is getting weaker, the electric current sent to the starter will be weaker. This hinders with the working of the starter, and thus it makes a ticking sound.
- Slow crank: Experienced drivers and car enthusiasts are very well acquainted with the low hum that the engine makes. This sound often implies that the engine is not working properly and requires attention. Also, if the car engine cranks in a slower or more sluggish manner unlike normal circumstances, it is a plausible sign that your car battery is dying.
- Need to press on the gas pedal to start: A very obvious give away that there is something wrong with your car battery is your car revving up to life only when you push the gas pedal. If the car starts only when you hit the gas pedal, chances are high that your battery is faulty.
- Backfiring: A discharging car battery forms intermittent sparks which can lead to the accumulation of fuel in the cylinders. It can cause the car to backfire when it is started. However, a car can backfire owing to various reasons. So it’s advised to get the battery checked to be sure.
Checking the car battery properly hardly takes more than 10 minutes. Nowadays, for good quality products like Exide car battery online purchase has become so easy and convenient. A dead battery should be the least of your concerns, given that proper measures are taken to check a faulty better once you start noticing the above-mentioned signs.