With all the attention being given to video sites such as YouTube and others, what are the implications for dealers and their marketing partners? What I saw at the 4th Digital Dealer Conference and Exposition in Orlando is that Dealers, their marketing managers, as well as many of their ad agencies and digital marketing service providers are changing their traditional notions of using TV based formats and strategies on a massive scale... Dealers and their suppliers
are learning to work with interactive video technologies to produce and distribute compelling, entertaining, informative and often times highly creative and effective online video content. Through the 3 day 4th Digital Dealer Conference and Exposition in Orlando, FL we saw and heard compelling best practices, documented business cases, screen shot captured scenarios, presentation case studies and success stories exchanged in the conference center hallways from dealers and marketing practitioners on their use of online video to acheive their dealership's marketing objectives on an incredibly cost effective basis.
Here are five of many compelling reasons why dealers and automotive digital marketing and advertising service providers (such as ADP Digital Marketing) should be using online videos in their marketing strategies:
1. Video content can drive broadcast news reports
- Posting a video in response to an event, unusual campaign or promotion, dealership new hires, employee or dealer awards, new construction project… or, releasing a vehicle model-flattering video can potentially generate news online that can then translate into primetime local news broadcast coverage. As far fetched as this may seem at first glance, it is happening in communities and cities nationwide on a daily basis... The web has become an important news source for local broadcasters and videos get their attention better than other formats.
2. Search engines index videos
- Increase your dealership's messaging and awareness "reach" into the minds of automotive consumers by getting your video placements and video messages included in search results. This works GREAT in creating top of mind awareness and word of mouth marketing.
3. Click-to-Play Video Ads and YouTube Display Ads
- Both of these formats tap into the growing consumer predisposition to viewing videos online and are easily accessible via Google AdWords for both dealers and the ADP Digital Advertising team. These advertising venues can be far more powerful than TV commercials because of several factors, including their “on-demand” playback by automotive consumers, their portability and freedom from time restrictions and content constraints. From a cost per thousand (CPM) customer view perspective, a properly managed online video advertising campaign can dramatically outperform conventional broadcast and cable TV formats.
4. It's what people are watching
- If a dealer can get a variety of messages, concepts and entertaining or informative imagery out through video, there's potential it will become popular and subsequently distributed on iPods, homepages, mobile devices, and social networking sites.
5. Video is intrinsically viral
- Every dealer should want their good reputation, customer and employee success stories and branding messages to be what people are aware of and talking about... utilizing video
is a great way to reach this goal. Video with easily used HTML embed tags and links have become like a form of online currency and are easily and eagerly dispersed amongst peers, family and freinds, as well as being posted and then accessed on a wide variety of web site, blog and social networking platforms.
Director - Digital Marketing | OEM and National Accounts
ADP Dealer Services
505.301.6369 Cell | Ralph_Paglia@ADP.com
to learn about Digital Marketing
to learn more about ADP's digital advertising products and services
to see our CRM solutions
mobile email: email@example.com
Office phone: 505.410.7064