ADM Professional Community Resource Directory for Car Dealers, Sales Managers and Automotive Marketing Directors
This directory is dynamic with categories, links and descriptions added and deleted as an ongoing process. Please submit your recommended listing additions using the comment form at the bottom.
Internet Sales Manager(ISM) Recommended Links:
- Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community
- dealerELITE Network
- Automotive Marketing Data Charts
- Nissan Automotive News
- Ward's eDealer 100
- Social Car News
Advertise on the ADM Professional Community
Research and Information Sites Used by Vehicle Shoppers
- Edmunds Automotive Information
- Kelley Blue Book
- J. D. Power and Associates
Online Vehicle Classified Ads and Inventory Listing Sites:
- CarSoup Inventory Listings
- CarFax Dealer Programs
- www.Carsforsale.com Vehicle Classified Ads and Inventory Listing
- ListHere.com online classified ads for dealer inventory
- www.CarCasher.com Inventory Listings - Dealer Enrollment
- www.DealerAssistNow.com - Vehicle Inventory descriptions, notes and comment text strings for dealer listings
- www.AutoList.com Search multiple new and used car websites in one easy search
Dealer Ratings, Customer Reviews and Business Directory Sites - It costs little to nothing to get your customers to use any of these sites to rate your staff or submit reviews of their experience at your dealership... I cannot think of a better use of free website space than to compel your customers to rate your dealership and write a review of their car buying or vehicle service experience.
- Google+ Local for Business
- DealerRater.com - Car Dealership reviews and certification
- Yelp.com - Business Directory and customer reviews
- Edmunds.com/Dealerships - First UGC app for Car Dealer reviews
- Merchant Circle - Business Directory and customer reviews
- Insider Pages - Business Directory and customer reviews
- CarsDealersReview.com affiliate of next site:
- PrestoReviews.com - Supports in-dealership customer reviews
- BusinessRater.com - Supports in-dealership customer reviews
"How To" eBooks, Apps and Resources from Marketing Service Providers and Consultants vetted by ADM Editors
- Gravitational Marketing - Get Free Dealer Marketing Book
- Cobalt (ADP) - Download Multichannel Marketing eBook
- Cobalt (ADP) - Download Reputation Management eBook
- Cobalt (ADP) - Meet the Modern Car Buyer; Marketing Assessment
Dealer Website Providers
- Cobalt - Renamed "CDK Global" after being acquired by ADP and then part of the Dealer Services Division that was spun off from ADP as CDK Global. Leading OEM dealer website provider.
- Dealer.com - Dealer websites design optimized across multiple devices and browsers
- Dealer Inspire - The genius of DI websites is that they are based on the Wordpress kernel, are fully custom made for each dealership and dealers have literally thousands of plug-in apps to enable their marketing genius to come alive on their website.
- DealerFire - Engagement Optimized Websites
- DealerSkins - Adaptive Websites
- DealerOn - "These guys really know what they're doing and how to help their dealerships be as successful as possible." -- Mitch Gallant, Capital Ford Lincoln
- DealerCarSearch.com provides a wide range of car dealership digital tools and website solutions
- www.NakedLime.com - Formerly Reynolds Web Solutions, this team is kept separate from the DMS crew and they do a great job.
Onsite SEO Tools, Analytics, Reporting and Testing Apps
- Free Broken Link Check - Find the bad links on your website
- Website Grader Checks Site - Reports non-compliant structure
- SEO Centro Search Engine Keywords and Positioning Tool
- Google Analytics - Digital Marketing's "Gold Standard" for Tracking Visitors, Reporting and Analyzing Sites
- Google Adwords - External Keywords Research App
- Compete Internet Tracking and Reporting
- Search Engine Spider Simulator
Short URL Creation, Tracking and Domain Name Resources
- Network Solutions Domain Registration and Hosting Services
- GoDaddy Domain Registration and Hosting Services
- Bit.Ly Short URL and Tracking Metrics
- Tiny Short URL Service
- Bud Short URL Service
- URL Trends and Happenings
Blog and Website Hosting for Content Marketing
- www.Ning.com (set up dealership online community)
Business and Professional Networking Portals:
Press Release and Bookmarking Sites
- www.PRweb.com - Best Cost Effectiveness
- www.PRnewswire.com - Tops in both performance and cost
- www.Vocus.com - Great software for PR creation and distribution
- www.free-press-release.com - Almost worthless but you will feel like you accomplished something
Social Networks and User Generated Content (UGC) Sites
- Squidoo Lense Sites
Video Hosting, Distribution and Sharing Sites:
- Blip.tv - http://www.blip.tv/
- DivX Stage6 Beta - http://stage6.divx.com/
- Brightcove (Personal) - http://www.brightcove.com/
- Revver - http://www.revver.com/
- Veoh - http://www.veoh.com/
- MSN Video - http://soapbox.msn.com/
- YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/
- Vimeo - http://www.vimeo.com/
- Jumpcut Beta - http://www.jumpcut.com/
- MySpaceTV Beta - http://vids.myspace.com/
- TubeMogul Video Ad Distribution: www.Tubemogul.com
Chat Clients for Dealer Websites, Social Media and Email:
- Volusion.com/livechat_download.asp (free)
- Chatango.com (free)
- CarChat24.com (free and upgrades)
Onsite Apps and Plugins for Dealership Websites
- DealerCentric Talking Credit App - "I cannot imagine managing the online marketing programs for a car dealership and NOT using DealerCentric to attract serious car buyers..." --Ralph Paglia
- Kelley Blue Book LeadDriver - "KBB LeadDriver powers the highest post-click lead conversion ad campaigns I have ever seen..." --Ralph Paglia
- Black Book Online
- ScreenCrafters Dealer Website Conversion Add-Ons
Widgets, Marketing Apps, RSS and Content Distribution Tools:
- motors.lotvantage.com LotVantage combines inventory to video, and automotive RSS Feed plucking as well.
- Sign up for a Free 30 day trial of HootSuite Pro
- RSS Feed Content Builder
- CarFax Dealer Programs
Spam List Services; "Blacklist" Checking Tools
- Spamhaus Block List (SBL) - All IPs on the SBL belong to known spammers, spam gangs, or spam support services. The SBL includes IPs from both the ROKSO database and IPs of spam services listed in the Spamhaus database
- Blacklist Master - Email blacklist check tool. Check your mail server's IP address and domain name against 200+ spam blacklists
- Whois-Details for Blacklisted Spam Domains - List of domains that have been advertised via spam, with name server, registration date, registrant. This list is updated daily.
Automotive Enthusiast Communities:
- Kelly Car Community
- ADM Professional Community
- Bringatrailer.com - Looking for a vintage car? You go to BAT, because that's where you'll find the the most interesting rarities and bargains.
- YouTube.com/EastwoodCo - Eastwood's Restoration YouTube channel will teach you all you need to know if you are a do-it-yourself car enthusiast.
- Jay Leno's Garage - Every car guy or gal's dream, including everything from photos and videos to advice and recommendations.
- @SummitRacing - A must-follow on Twitter for any classic car racing fan. The Summit Racing team actively engages with its fans, offering advice, answering questions, and tweeting discounts.
- RM Auction's YouTube Channel - The best way to catch all the classic car footage you could want. From interviews and car profiles to anything else you want, this YouTube channel has you covered.
- Holley Performance's Facebook - A light-hearted yet informative Facebook page of a carburetor maker who interacts with their fans.
- Pinterest.com/CarlClassic - Hundreds of drool-worthy images of cars just waiting for you to dream about them.
- 53Deluxe - The online place to immerse yourself in hot rod culture.
- Muscle Car Dreaming Tumblr Blog - An image-heavy photo blog with all the muscle car photos a fanatic could want to drool over.
- "Classic Car Owners and Enthusiasts" LinkedIn Group - A place for car guys around the world to stop by and chat.
Google Search Engine Advertising (SEA) and Pay Per Click (PPC):
- Google Adwords Express
- Google Adwords for Search Engine Advertising
SEA and PPC Car Dealer Service Providers:
- Tier10 Marketing
- Team V Marketing
- ADP Cobalt
- Local Search Group
- ReachLocal Search Engine Advertising
- Webspand is a national search engine optimization, digital marketing agency, branding, copywriting, and organic SEO services company.
Automotive Social Media Marketing (SMM) Service Providers:
- Tier10 Marketing
- ReachLocal Social Media and Reputation Management
- CDK Global - Formerly Cobalt - an ADP Company
- Webspand - All production work done in-house by a team of American college educated content creators.
- DealerLink - Social and Reputation Management
Social Media Advertising (SMA):
- Tier10 Marketing
Online Display Advertising (ODA):
- Tier10 Marketing
- ReachLocal Display Advertising
Video Advertising and Video Search Engine Optimization (VSEO):
- UnityWorks! Media
Chat Software and Live Chat Service Providers
- Contact at Once
Vehicle Sales Affinity programs for Car Dealers
- Costco Auto Program Affinity Referrals
- TrueCar Dealership Affinity Network Referrals
- Edmunds Premier Dealer Referrals
- CarFax Dealer Programs
Sales Lead Providers, Aggregators and Exchanges
- Dealix - Lead Quality Guaranteed
- Autobytel - Lead estimator Tool shows how many available
- CarsDirect Connect Dealership Sales Leads
- DealerLink - Special finance leads, new and used car leads
- Digital Marketing Networks (dmnleads.com) provides Phone Verified Special Finance and New Car Leads
- Caracoom - Different type of lead provider for car dealers
- Auto Lead Providers - Dealership program Details
- CarFax Dealer Programs
- Driving Leads - Special Finance Leads for Car Dealers
- SalesGenie - Generate sales leads from their database
- DealerLink.us special finance leads, direct mail, new and used car leads
Finance and Insurance Related Resources
- NADA Glossary of Insurance Terms and Acronyms
- DealerCentric Talking Credit App - "DealerCentric's talking credit app goes beyond serving the credit challenged by attracting car buyers with exceptionally good credit who are in-market..." --Ralph Paglia
- NADAguides Finance Center - powered by Finance Source
- NADA Check Credit Score - Learn The Facts About Credit Ratings
- MyClaimSource.com - information on filing claims online
- AutoDealerMonthly - F&I Dealer Operations Articles
- autofinancenews.ning.com - Online community and professional network for dealership F&I managers
BONUS EXTRA: Dealer Marketing Magazine's Top 10 Online Resources for Dealers
A guide to online information that dealers need to run and grow their businesses efficiently and profitably
The following resources represent the top 10 go-to providers of information online that will help dealers run and grow their businesses efficiently and profitably.
1. Training and education resources
The education and training needed for auto dealers and their staff (both new and seasoned) has many unique requirements. A number of online sources provide training materials like informative articles, videos, tutorials, and e-books. Educational resources can lend a hand in the sales and marketing, F&I, and operations departments, as well as for ongoing compliance with state and local regulations. Dealer Training HUB is a comprehensive online resource for these types of materials, as is the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association (NIADA).
2. Industry regulations
Auto dealers must stay up to date with industry regulations, but doing so can be overwhelming while also focusing attention on running a successful business. The NIADA also offers relevant and timely information on industry-wide changes in legislation and compliance procedures. Similarly, the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) provides a vast amount of information online for dealers wanting to stay abreast of trends and shifts in regulations.
3. Technology and software resources
There’s no question that dealers operating in today’s competitive marketplace need to keep up with the digital revolution. Fortunately, there are technology-infused tools and software options from countless vendors that focus on dealers and the unique needs of their businesses. A comprehensive list of the most highly rated dealership technologies and software platforms can be found at Capterra.
Formal education and training is one path dealers can take to ensure they are compliant and up to date with the most recent industry needs. Keeping an eye on new articles from industry thought leaders, successful auto dealers, and salespeople throughout the dealer world is helpful, however. Some blogs focus on sales and marketing techniques, while others set their sights on the latest news, research, and trends. Auto Dealer Today is a great online resource for dealers, as is this informational blog from AutoRaptor.
Another go-to resource online for most dealers are professional forums or communities of other dealers. In an open forum online, dealers are able to present questions to others who may have insight on similar issues, or share success stories or challenges that have helped shape their businesses. DrivingSales has an open forum structure for auto dealers, as does DealerRefresh. The ADM Professional Community is a free-wheeling open network with automotive focused Blogs, Forum discussions, thousands of photos, images and video.
6. Marketing resources
Effective marketing is a must for dealerships. Strategies for incorporating a strong marketing strategy into a dealer’s business may include social media campaigns and advertising, a dealer blog for current and prospective customers, or local ads in print, on radio, or on television. Given the vast amount and different types of marketing necessary, however, it’s often a good idea to get some expert direction. Auto dealers have many resources online for marketing help, including this directory from 9clouds and DealerMarketing.com.
7. Business management
Many factors must be considered when running a dealership, with one of the most important being management of the business. For smaller dealers, the Small Business Administration offers a myriad of online tools and resources to create a strong business plan, get up to speed on business financials, and gain insight on how to grow a business from the bottom up. NIADA and NADA also have several online resources for dealers as they work to start, improve, or grow their business over time.
8. Bonding resources
All auto dealers are required to provide some protection for customers against bad business practices or misrepresentations in sales. This is most often accomplished with the help of a surety bond for auto dealers. Getting a bond shouldn’t be a complex process, but there are certain steps to take once licensing and state requirements are met. This online resource offers ample information about auto dealer bonds, the process, the price, and options for dealers with less-than-perfect credit.
9. Licensing resources
Each state has varied requirements for auto dealer licensing which can make it difficult to know where to go for the correct, most up-to-date information. This e-book on auto dealer licensing is a great place to start because it spells out the types of licenses needed, the agencies that grant auto dealer licenses in all 50 states, how to get bonded, and paperwork requirements. This vast online resource also breaks down business location requirements for new dealers.
%2Fwww.dealermarketing.com%2F&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dealermarketing.com%2Ftop-10-online-resources-for-dealers%2F" alt="i" width="1" height="1" />
10. Sales resources
Finally, sales are crucial to the sustainability of any dealership, no matter how big or small the business. There are several online resources available to dealers that focus on sales training and sales concepts, as well as strategies for reducing salesperson turnover and customer satisfaction.
Eric Weisbrot is the Chief Marketing Officer of JW Surety Bonds. With years of experience in the surety industry under several different roles within the company, he is also a contributing author to the surety bond blog.