ADM member videos selected as one of the "Top 10 Featured Videos"
on ADM appear at the top of the Showroom page (upper left), then again as "Featured Videos" at the top of the ADM Video section, and are distribution syndicated via the "Featured Video" RSS feed. The ADM Featured Video RSS Feed goes out to multiple automotive related sites, various blogs and industry related RSS readers. Your ADM Video must meet the following criteria in order to be considered by any of the 7 ADM Community Administrators with authority to "Feature" videos:
- The actual Video file must be uploaded directly to ADM, so it is hosted by ADM's web server, and NOT an embedded player pasted into ADM from another website or video service such as YouTube, Vimeo, MetaCafe, Yahoo Video, etc... This is so that we know we are featuring (and syndicating) an original video file uploaded by an ADM Member who is far more likely to have distribution rights than if the video is embedded using a "Copy and Paste" of html code that anyone can get from almost all video hosting sites (including ADM). ADM welcomes embedded Videos, but they won't be featured... Unless, it is something REALLY good like those secret Rick Wagoner sex tapes!
- Featured ADM Videos must have a descriptive "Headline" written in verbiage that actually describes what the subject matter of the video is and which can be indexed by search engines in a manner relevant to actual content.
- Featured ADM Videos must have a "Body" of descriptive text written that describes the subject matter of the Video in at least, preferrably greater, detail as the headline text... Again, this is what the Search Engines index, not the actual Video (Doh!).
- Tags should be added by the ADM Member when the video file is uploaded to ADM, but since any ADM member can add tags to any video or photo, this is not as much a requirement, as a factor in considering whether or not to feature a video on ADM.
- Last, but most importantly, the subject matter and content within the video must be compelling in some way, shape or manner to make the video interesting to at least 10% of the 2,400+ ADM membership base. This may be in the form of humor, it usually is some type of best practive in Automotive Digital Marketing, or it could be an actual example of a dealer best practice... Or, it may be from an event where a good number of ADM members were in attendance, such as the recent Digital Dealer Conference in Las Vegas.
There are now 6 active ADM members with Administrator Status... Myself and 5 others who will remain anonymous to protect them from lobbying efforts from ADM members with hidden agendas... These 5 ADM Professionals have been given Administrative Status based on their demonstration of integrity and objective opinions over an extended period of time since they first participated. If an AM member would like to be considered for promotion to Administrator Status, they should send me a private message and their proposal will be discussed by the current 6 ADM Administrators.
Shown below is an example of a Featured ADM Video that meets the above described criteria:
Embed Code fo above Video example:
<embed wmode="opaque" src="http://static.ning.com/socialnetworkmain/widgets/video/flvplayer/flvplayer.swf?v=4.0.12%3A21498" FlashVars="config=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.automotivedigitalmarketing.com%2Fvideo%2Fvideo%2F showPlayerConfig%3Fid%3D1970539%253AVideo%253A124563%26ck%3D1586156035&video_smoothing=on &autoplay=off&isEmbedCode=1" width="456" height="344" bgColor="#FF0000" scale="noscale" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"> </embed> <br /><small> <a href="http://www.automotivedigitalmarketing.com/video/video"> Find more videos like this on <em>Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community (ADM) </em></a></small><br />