Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Hey everyone I just thought of a great way to communicate and link to your website, or websites. Have you ever thought about using Skype? Thats right Skype. Go through all of your e-leads you received in the last few months and look at the ones with bad phone numbers, or people you just could not get a hold of.

If you have a Skype account do a search for Skype users, plug in there email address and "WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM" you may find that they are a user of Skype. Send them an instant message, with a few URL tags with links to your site(s). Most importantly, give them a call Via Skype and you just might get through this time. I have made a few contacts in the last few days using Skype where I had no luck before.

Tags: VOIP, contact, links, prospects, tags, urls, video, website

Views: 71

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hey Alvin

I sure do thank you for getting me started on Skype, this tool is way to cool. Better than any other instant messaging I have used in the past, very easy to use and set up. I will put it to good use tomorrow when I kook for those lost telephone numbers etc, Thanks Again Alvin
Comment by Gary May 2 hours ago Alvin,

Damn good idea...heck...great idea! It's another way that technology can actually make the contacting 'job' part of the game easier. And not only that, you bring up a very good point: all of the content that you indicated that should be sent in the Skype message. While this is a great tool for that 'last attempt' to get in touch with a lead/prospect, it should be no different than what you attempted via non-Skype communication (which is a challenge for most of the dealers I come in contact with).

Your recommendation is one of the best I've heard in a while...great job.

-Gary May
IM@CS

This comment was posted by Gary before I started this Group. Thank you, Gary!
People tend to hide behind their voice mail on their cell phone but will read a text message 99 out 100 times. This is a great idea. I'm looking forward to using this new tool....Thanks Frank!
Alvin -

Great post. Our company just started using Skype last month, going from AIM which I never really cared for. Taking on Skype was a step up in technology along with communication through out of offices.

The benefits of having this is you can easily call, chat, Oh yes and Web Cam! You can easily pull past chats, upload files etc and so much more.

I would never go back to AIM at all since using Skype.

Rob - You are absolutely right! 99 out of 100 times reading a test message or instant message. IM's, GM's, SM's, IT etc are seeking everday to help with communication / prospecting & quick contact!

I strongly suggest taking on Skype in any company!
This is kinda sad to say and I sure I will get alot of flack from some people, but I first discovered Skype watching Oprah with my wife. Go ahead and laugh guys because you know you watch it with your wives.

Yes the interaction with prospects fo me has be pretty good. I have been able to contact people via Skype vs. traditional methods. I have not got into the web cam thing yet, but I will be soon I am sure.

Thank's for your input.
I have not used Skype but I have ben trying to use Yahoo Messenger because I realized that I had an abundance of Yahoo email addresses. I don't put a great deal of emphasis on it but since it is a free service I try to at least sent them a thank you IM with my contact info and a link to our site. I'm going to spend this afternoon investigating this whole Skype phenomenon. This is the beauty of ADM. Not bashing suppliers or OEMs or competitors but free and open trading of ideas. Thanks to everyone!
Please give us your feedback if any of you have made contact with any of your prospects Via Skype where you could not using the traditional methods. I have made one today with a prospect I got about a month ago! They are now in the process to buy and we were IM back and forth today on the Subaru of interest. This is a really cool way to send direct links to your inventory!
Any Luck Out there with making contacts via Skype?
Frank Have you had any luck making contact via Skype? I have a prospect I have been talking to via Skype IM all day today. This prospect is in the UK, but is moving out this way in March. So does it work? Time will tell, but I do have to say it is working for me on making contact with prospects!
Hello Alvin

I have yet to make contact with any clients via Skype,,, But I know its only a matter of time
Has anyone had any success yet? I guess my brain is running a little slow because I still do not understand how this works.

Joel

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service