Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I am working on setting up wordpress as a microsite platform finally. I put this one together today and would like some feedback from the microsite community here at adm.

You can see the finished product at 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid

One thing I may work on is adf lead delivery right now it is just text or html. How critical is this?

Inventory listings. Right now they do not have any of the target vehicle in stock but will add inventory page as soon as they do.

I like the simple header so it pushes the eyes down to the content. Opinions?

Any other suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated...

Revisions made per Shay's recommendations:

Views: 78

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Paul this is Awsome! Yes I like I the header, simple, colorful, and to the point. Is this template one you created, or one you took from wordpress and tweaked? What Key Words and when will it be ranking in SEO?

If any of you read Paul's blogs or responses to blogs, he may seem at times like a know-it-all or even a bit unkind. I talked with Paul over the phone a week ago and let me tell you, he is full of helpful information, and he knows what he is talking about.

I will be the first to say that this style of blogsite is the future for the auto industry, and Paul is way ahead of the curb! Great job Paul.

Since me a Paul talked I have been playing around with WordPress myself, and let me tell you SEO results are outstanding. I will say that my template is no comparison to Paul's but I will work on him giving me some more information on how to do this better. Check out www.SubaruImprezaDeal.com my full feature MicroBlogSite!

Paul I will contact you on Monday! Have a great weekend!!!
@ Shay - Thanks I pointed the car in the other direction and removed the rss logo I assumed that is what you meant. I did leave the search box in the header. More to break it up than anything else.

I will also probably add an image rotator to have different views and colors rotate in that spot. It is probably not necessary, but you got to give dealers a little bit of sizzle. They probably care more about it than consumers, they want the information they are after as long as the site gives them confidence that the information is accurate.

SEGA List is going well I have several clients now and will have a big marketing push after the first of the year.

@Alvin it is a theme that I am adapting specifically to use for microsites. I have the lead capture form being coded to send leads in adf/xml and/or text/html I could probably do it but for what I am being charged I will let someone else pull their hair out.

As far as SEO and targets once the site indexes we will be adding post to go after major metro and product keywords. ie "Cincinnati Escape Hybrid" "Columbus Escape Hybrid" and things such as "Escape Hybrid Availability", but the former will be the initial targets. That is what is cool about wordpress it can be laid out so that an individual 250 post can win keywords and the dealer or consultant can add pages on the fly that can pick up those keywords and not lose the lead generation functionality.

So in essence it is not a micro site but a cms that will pick up a huge amount of traffic from long tail searches and even pick up national traffic, but that is not the short term goal. We want good position in all competing markets when their cars start arriving around mid January.

Thanks for the kind words Alvin. I do not mean to come across as a Jack Ass but many view me that way. I just call a spade a spade and hopefully provide value and prevent people from following bad advice or drinking poisoned cool aid.

Even people who have made it a point to try to goad me have taken things I have shared with the community here and put them into action, but like Ralph said they will never give credit where it is due. I can live with that if it helps them hone their skills and others can learn from it as well.

My strong points are delivering traffic, not web design or process, but pure Internet marketing. I made a decision in July of last year to be a part of the auto industry in such a way as to bring value to those I interact with or who engage me. It was either that or kick back over to full time affiliate marketing. I still have some affiliate properties that generate some income, but long term a lot more value personally and professionally can be gained helping others.

Sure I have made some mistakes, who has not? I will probably make some more, but I can say this without a doubt, even those who I have disdained and those who have despised me have made connections that have been or will be mutually beneficial.

My phone is always on feel free to reach out to me anytime....
Paul,

I agree with Shay, the Escape looks better pointed to the right. Here is what she meant by the Blue Oval:

Other than that, I think it looks very clean and sharp.

It looks like you are getting the ADF/XML Format done anyways but yes, it's very important. Then the leads can be sent to the dealers CRM/ILM, alerts are sent out from there to the salespeople and the leads will automatically be included in all of the CRM/ILM reports. If it is left to manually entering the leads, ones will get left out, some won't get entered till the next day or later, forgot about, you know how that goes. Once the leads hit the CRM/ILM, they will get the autoresponse and other automated emails. As you can see, this will be a huge feature and nothing will be left to chance.

Do you know what production will be like on the Hybrid Escape? Should the word "reserve" yours now be used? Just a thought.
I won't presume to "teach the teacher" but I will add my two cents to confirm that the new Wordpress 2.7 - and its predecessors - have been extremely easy to use with convenient administartive access and customization features. I am sure that in your skilled hands the various plug-ins and SEO packaged tools will be very helpful. Congratulations and happy new year!
Paul,

I agree with the other comments about form submissions in ADF/XML... Ideally, you could route forms to multiple destinations, with each destination getting them in Text, ADF or whatever format suits the receiving database for parsing purposes.

Also, yes the Blue Oval Ford logo is important because it helps validate the site to consumers...

I thonk you may find interesting some of the emails I have received from Wordpress administrators about SEO and using Wordpress for commercial marketing purposes... But, perhaps they only apply to when you use the Wordpress servers. Are you using Wordpress servers to host the site?
No it is not on wordpress.com servers it is on it's own hosting account on one of my servers.

I am having a header graphic made to replace the text to incorporate the Ford Logo.

The adf/xml form integration should be ready to roll in the next couple of days. Thanks to both Chris and Ralph for reemphasizing the importance.
Paul,

I just submitted a lead from your microsite asking about lease payments and got this confirmation message:

Our Staff Will Contact you with Your Trade Appraisal Shortly

Why would a simple inquiry generate a trade request confirmation?
We will look into this. Thank you for your expertise and testing. We greatly value your thoughts.
I did not change the onsite thank you message when I changed the form verbiage. Thanks for pointing that out.

The site is ranking remarkable well for just being a few hours old.

Already on page two above the fold for 2009 Escape Hybrid and winning key localized phrases. Now to test conversion rate and watch the traffic.

We will be adding other sections such as ratings and reviews.

I had planned to have this done today but alas I had a hardware break down and have been fighting that demon all day today. Be rest assured this will never be a problem again for me. I learned a valuable lesson today.

Now I have so many back up capabilities I could probably run a bank. :P
Ralph,

We received your email and did not respond because we knew it was you. :-)

Thanks for testing our system.

Andy
Thanks for all of the feedback. Below you will see the final version, unless more good recommendations come in.

The only thing left is adf/xml integration for the lead capture. The programmer should have it done soon.

We had some ie 6 problems but it was because of how ie 6 handles overflow and the video player size. So now it renders nicely in ie 6 ie 7 and firefox. It is already ranking on page one nationally for 2009 Escape Hybrid in Google, unintended benefit, the site and domain were just bought and erected 3 days ago.

----- Shameless Plug Below ----------

I will be offering these in two forms.

Complete Installation and Initial content in the form you see now. Everything transferred to the dealer for them to manage content and updates, with inventory integration if possible and seo optimization.

Complete management including 4 content updates a month with tracking numbers.

email or call me for details paul@segasystems 912-266-1629
Hey Paul,

Any thoughts of including a searchable video with factory footage of the vehicle to further enhance the SEO with vSEO? Just the word "video" on the site seems to enhance the SEO plus of course you could populate the video as a seperate file linked back to the site to develop another seat at the search engine table.

Also, any thoughts to integrate an "up-sell" of a conversion tool like a chat or click to call feature like LeadConverter or even the new two way video customer interaction platform from Argisitics - AutoTransaXion - linked back to the dealer's DMS and CRM to increase conversion, minimize bounce and provide a more comprehensive sourcing tool to prove R.O.I.? Other "up-sells" like a branding video from Laser Stream Video could also build more value and profit for all to take maximum benefit from every sale for you and yours.

If so, we can work out a re-seller agreement for these applications and many more that will make you money and improve the R.O.I. for your clients. Just a thought!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. BDC or Virtual BDC

Posted by Peter Stratton on February 26, 2020

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service