Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Balancing two systems - Making the most out of a dual ILM/CRM Process (When you have to)

Are you working this balancing act? Are you using an ILM system that is separate from your CRM because your CRM lacks the essential qualities of a dynamic ILM? How do you do it with out exhausting yourself or your team? I have been on the up and downside of this balancing act and have worked on it for awhile. Sure there is a simple answer, one robust CRM, but that answer is not as simple as it seems?

In the CRM, we check history, take ownership of the lead, and update while in the ILM we work and manage the lead. Some folks tell me they ignore the CRM untill the customer comes into the showroom and this saves them much time, but, aren't they going to miss out on the customers who walk in and are worked by the floor?

How are you managing your leads? One full system? Two? Please join in.

Tags: CRM, ILM, Lead, Management

Views: 96

Replies to This ADM Discussion

We have to use 2> iMagiclab and BuzzTrak.When we signed up with iMagic we were pitched on the ILM and their CRM but it turns out ther is no seperate ILM tool even though they promoted a seperate ILM tool and even had a cool demo of it on their site. I guess they didn't pay the bill so we never got to see the ILM tool. Tried to use their CRM tool for our internet tool but it is not (in our opinion) a useful internet tool, not transparent enough and we would all have carpel tunnel after the first week! We now have leads come into both tools, my www team has 30 days to work a lead and then we set up a action plan for long term follow-up through iMagic parsing the leads to our floor sales people who want to work the leads, Hope to pick up sales from the www shoppers who hop in early in the buying process. Will keep you up to date with our results. We work about 600 leads a month and I know our long term personal follow-up was not possible. Best of both worlds?? I'll let you know
Hello Group,

My name is David T. Gould and I promote Buzztrak within ADP's Digital Marketing Solutions on a daily basis... In my experience thus far, the "combined" ILM / CRM solutions are too cumbersome for dealerships to keep up with on a daily basis effectively for both situations. Result... expensive tools that are not up to date or accurate... Automation falls apart... Productivity drops...

I look forward to the single solution as well...

dtg

David T. Gould
davidtgould@hotmail.com
Never said using 2 tools is better than one,stated we have to. I hoped to use iMagic as a single solution, didn't work. My internet team has been spoiled by how easy it is to handle a large volume of leads with BuzzTrak. My 2 top producers threatened to quit, and I had to agree with them that iMagic would not work for us.Ii say that sadly because iMagic is a far more robust tool but would slow us down to a crawl trying to handle 600+ leads. As iMagic evolves I'm hoping they improve the ease of use and the transparency of the tool, With BuzzTrak I can read every email and in a matter of minutes browse the email/contact history of a months worth of leads in a half hour.
I have not only tried out most of what is available out there but also have used several on a regular basis plus implemented full CRM/ILM's in the dealerships that I have worked at so I hope my two cents are worth reviewing. Let me also say that the following is just my opinion and based on my daily experience living the Internet space and past experience training at other dealerships.

I am the Director of eCommerce for three Saturn stores and use VinSolutions full CRM/ILM for each store. I was involved in the install and everything went very smooth. The CRM and ILM are one in the same. Very seamless and EASY for everyone to use in managing floor traffic and Internet leads. I can look at EVERYTHING or just Internet or just floor. The ease in which the system works is incredible.

We have BZ sites and BuzzTrack but I won't use BuzzTrack. VinSolutions is WAY easier to use in every aspect. I've used BuzzTrack in the past and used it when I first came to the Saturn stores so I have a good feel for what it is and what it does. I know it works well for many ISM's and I know they are very good at what they do but there is no comparison when the two are put side by side.

The list is long but our new and used inventory is integrated to offer new and used car alternative at the click of the mouse, tells you when your customer views the email, how many times they open it and how long after you sent it that they read it and on and on....I am getting a little off subject though as we are talking about combined CRM/ILM ease of use.

Do you have any questions for me about how we use it, problems, concerns of how it works?? Be glad to answer any questions you have.
Hey Matt! No problem. I should have said hi in my last post. Reading through some posts, I thought I should add my two cents on this subject.

Keep adding those new features Matt. I like getting those notifications that shows me a list of new features that were added to the CRM/ILM (mostly I just care about the ILM but the floor can use them too I guess :-)

The video add was AWESOME and I can't wait until you add more video functions throughout the ILM....and CRM.

Keep it up, it just keeps getting better and better!
I guess I should have posted my comments directly to "Balancing two systems" post not the comments below that. I'm a little slow :-)

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service