Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

What should go into a first Internet Marketing & Sales Workshop ?

We are working with a state dealer association (mostly independents and smaller stores, with a few franchise stores) to develop and present a guide to basics and best practices for internet marketing. We envision a first workshop on basics, followed by mini-seminars and webinars on specifics, such as SEO, video, listing techniques, social nedia, etc.

We are aiming this at the middle-of-the-road dealer who has at least a dealer site, online listings, and someone to watch over the technology.

Any ideas or input on content or format would be appreciated. Thanks, folks.

Tags: internet, marketing, online, presence, seminar, web, websites, workshop

Views: 15

Replies to This ADM Discussion

P&L. Acknowlege that where not "saving souls."
Thanks, Andy. Fortunately the association director is an ex-dealer and he requires a focus on "what sells more cars". But thanks for the quote and use of P&L.
KG
Ken,

In addition to all the other suggestions you will get from ADM members, I recommend you cover the basic building blocks af an automotive digital marketing strategy, which are based on the TIPS concept... This has remained unchanged and up to date since 1995 so it is one of those fundamental principles that should be incorporated in any dealer's digital marketing or Internet sales strategy:

1. Traffic - How do we get people to visit the websites we control?
2. Interactivity - Also known as engagement, what are we going to use as online content to get customers to provide us with name and email, or call us on the number listed?
3. Process - Once a customer has engaged with us through our web sites, how do we respond to that customer and build enough of a relationship that they are willing to visit our dealership in person?
4. Sales - Also known as "Showroom", and deals with once we use our process to get the customer to the dealership, how will we set the stage to ensure the maximum sales closing rates?
Ralph, you continue to amaze me with your passion and availability, not to mention great ideas. I will incorporate this for sure. I shared it with my wife, who has a business development company, and she asked for it to incorporate in their work as well.
btw, I did RSVP for the reception -great idea.
KG
In addition to what everyone else on this blog says, a main point should always be 'a lead, is a lead, is a lead'- meaning that there are many 'old school' dealers that think there is magic in an Internet prospect! Whether showroom, phone or web, everyone must be responded to quickly, give them reasons to stay (showroom) or come in (phone/web), answer all their questions and give them all the reasons to 'Buy Here!' The choice to walk-in, phone-in or click-in is the customer's personal decision. They're all the same people!
Ken,

In addition to the TIPS basic building blocks of Internet Sales and Marketing, if you are going to recommend that each dealer create their dealership social networking profiles on the majors, and you should. Here's some slide images that list the top social networking, UGC and Web 2.0 sites:

I uploaded the slides listing the top 22 UGC sites according to an aggregation of listing services that I combined for a "collaborated" index... Each image can be clicked on to pop open the full size GIF file.
Thanks, Ralph, Like a lot of professionals, we are wading into several of these sites. Most practioners are recommending to take it easy, master each one, and drill deeper, so that's what I am doing, and helping dealers do the same.
I'm on 4,6,17,19,etc.
Who would have thought when we went through school that we would be doing this ?
Thanks for the input.
KG
Ken,

I have recently conducted two automotive SEO and Internet marketing webinars and the response was very positive. You are definitely hitting an area that dealers are hungry to learn about. Give me a call this week to see if any of the PowerPoint materials I created can be of use to your upcoming efforts.

I am also speaking at the 6th Annual Digital Dealer Conference so if you are going to attend, look me up. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

You should also pass out the Google SEO Starter Guide, its free and good reading for anyone who may need to understand the basics of how organic search optimization works.

Brian Pasch
732-450-8200
Hi, Brian,
I have been on both of your sessions, found then to be on point, and very valuable.
Shared them with theassociation and their techies.
Look forward to seeing you in LV.
KG
Ken,

The members have given you some great ideas. In addition to what the others have said, I take the dealers on a review on what has made them successful with the "brick and mortar dealership and compare the similarity of the some of the same basic concepts to be Successful on the Internet."

Why did we do what we did in the 60's, 70's., etc..v.s 2009

Allen mentioned this below, If a dealer had an UP on the lot that stood unattended for more two minutes some heads would roll yet some dealers are satisfied with 3 and four hour response time on leads. An internet lead is an UP on the dealer's Virtual Dealership.

Site maintenance- Years ago, I can remember being chewed out by a dealer for leaving a hole in the front line of the car lot overnight. We knew then that 50% of our walk in traffic came from the merchandising of our lot. Today, on many dealers sites we find no specials, missing pictures, no pricing strategies and some sites that have not been checked for basic functionality in days yet we know that 90% of all traffic stems from the internet. Just a taste...Hope this helps.
Stephon, Dan, and Allen,
Thanks guys. I appreciate the strength of the "business basics" philosophy - I believe it gets dealers to de-mystify the internet, by relating to what they already know, then expanding their knowledge and awareness about the internet.
btw, sharing what a second generation franchise dealer told me last week, "you can't make any gross on a new car on the internet, and I can't even make any gross on a used car there either". AAAAGGGHHH !
Why ? - his efforts contain all of the errors mentioned by Stephon, plus some more.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service