Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

I remember running this type of discussion a couple of years ago and the results were extremely enlightening. Vendors had some strong opinions of what they thought would be big or not and what might fall off, but it was the dealers who actually turned out to be closest to the mark. I'm not going to say who, but one vendor mentioned that Google was going to be demolished by Bing who would hit over 50% of the search market share by the end of the year. Another person said websites would become obsolete and dealers would get most of their leads from Facebook.

One notable boom that did exceptionally well was the predicted rise of mobile devices. It may make total sense to us now but it wasn't as common to have such a focus on the boom of mobile - kudos to that reply.

What's it going to be in 2013? What will blow up and become bigger than it is today and what will bust it's way out of the automotive internet marketing equation. Answer with whatever things you think will boom or bust - the choice is up to you and I would love to see a ton of engagement on this post - but just to get your juices flowing here are some of the things that may be due for boom or bust (in absolutely no particular order):

• Behavioral Targeting
    • Retargeting
    • Video Preroll
    • Dynamic Pages
  • Search Marketing
    • Onsite SEO
    • Link-Building
    • Social Signals
    • Search PPC
    • Mobile PPC
    • Bing
  • Social Media
    • Facebook presence
    • Facebook advertising
    • Twitter presence
    • Twitter advertising
    • Google+ Local
    • Google+ Dealer Pages
    • Google+ Advertising
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • Tumblr
  • Mobile-specific marketing
    • QR Codes
    • SMS Marketing
    • NFC
  • 3rd Party Sites
    • Craigslist
    • Cars.com
    • AutoTrader
  • Websites
    • Adaptive websites
    • Content Management Systems
    • Social sign in on dealer websites
  • Marketing Practices
    • Content Marketing
    • Email marketing
    • BDC Outreach

The list could go on and on, but it's a start. What will boom? What will bust?

Tags: 2013, best practices, boom, bust, marketing

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

In my opinion, or maybe wishful thinking... The following item will FINALLY BUST due to dealers waking up and realizing they have been getting scammed in so many ways by people professing to do, and selling the following:

• Search Marketing: Onsite SEO 

NOTE: Again, in my opinion the real focus within the management of dealer websites from an "Onsite" perspective should be on the creation of more engaging content and applications that enhance the site visitor's user experience.  Dealer websites that have been wordsmithed and hacked to death by Onsite SEO "professionals" (they get paid to do it) typically have excessive amounts of text and verbiage that provide little to no value to the automotive consumer, while creating design clutter and in many cases false statements that appear to be from the dealer.

The Boom items I consider to be much easier to predict, especially given the list JD has provided... In my opinion, the following marketing tactics that will continue to BOOM in 2013 are:

• Behavioral Targeting: Retargeting and Video Preroll
  • Search Marketing: Search PPC and Mobile PPC 
  • Social Media: Facebook advertising and Twitter advertising 
  • Marketing Practices: Content Marketing

I agree with all of the points in both of Ralph's comments. One quick note for clarification - I do not believe that proper onsite SEO focused on quality content marketing practices will bust, but I agree that many of the current products and services are due for a stark realization that they may be doing more damage than good.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

4. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service