Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

I am ready to go out of my mind. I have a business friend that got detailing done at our dealership. I have a screenshot showing the darn review posting. Minutes later it is gone again and has to be redone. We have spent hours trying to get this post to stay and it just won't!!!

We are definitely not being filtered. A few reviews have showed up in the past five months. However, we don't actively ask customers to leave reviews at all. We now handle the review approach with a dedicated review page that I created on our dealership's website. Also, I designed business cards that we are going to hand out after a sale or service has been completed to leave a review on one of our 7 review sites. On the back, it asks them to become a fan and follow us on FB, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest for news, events and specials along with a QR code to download our mobile app from AutomotionTV!

The reason I helped this gal leave a review is because she is in our business group that I run at the dealership. She was very happy with her detailing on her 2009 Jeep Liberty. After a horrible review that someone left a few weeks ago, it was important to have a positive review over that one. The first thing folks see when they type in a dealership's name is the Google map to the right with the latest review. So, of course, she was an active Google user and wanted to leave a review. I was glad to accept it!

Last night, I spent several hours from home trying to figure out what her account was doing when she would leave a review and it would remove within minutes. I left a review with my account for another company and compared. I had no problem and hers would just disappear from the control panel under the local tab.

Brian, anyone can you please help. This is the third customer that I have spent hours walking through the review process and it is just failing to stay on the page.

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I agree with Brian, there are several companies and products out there that will filter the bad reviews and send the customers with good reviews only.  It's only a matter of time (if not already) when Google picks up on the footprints from these products or systems and bands or removes all these reviews.

Again, it's very simple to see were the customer has clicked thru to make it to Google+ to leave a review - so it's not only the local IP addresses but also how they got there that can be tracked. Let's not forget the Blog Network take down!

Also, Brian hope your doing ok from Sandy - I'm located here in South Jersey.

Hopefully this was a misspelling or incorrect use of words because doing so clearly go's against Google's policy. 

Who are you replying to Edwin? I don't submit reviews on their behalf. I remoted her in via Join.me. When, she couldn't get it to work, I helped her by phone by looking around in her account to see if I could help.

Kim,

I am replying to the post and in no way implying that you submit reviews on their behalf.

Eventually the bugs will be worked out by Google - hopefully sooner then later. Would love to hear if you get a response from Dealer.com and/or Google on this.

Edwin,

I am finally getting a response from Google's Local Help via email. It is extremely complicated. It turns out that Chrysler Digital claimed our Map/Places location a long time ago. So, my two pages weren't merging for this reason. Also,it could be the reason that the reviews aren't sticking and data updates not showing up. This is what happens when too many hands are in the pot!

Dealer.com is unable to help with Google issues. I am not sure why the other vendors have the ability for PPC/Display Advertising to have direct access and they don't at this time. I would think all Premier Partners would have an exclusive line!

Glad that they got back to you and hopefully corrected the issue.  I have a dealer that a prior employee set things up and talk about a maze we had to fix.

Some vendors are better then others when it comes to customer support and handling client issues - I'll leave it at that.

You are correct on one thing Matt. I did have her take out the name of our dealership after we had her put it in and it seemed to hold finally. Wonder why it is a problem to mention the company's name. Gosh many say " I had a great experience at xyz company or the saleperson with xyz...a little too much these rules!

I received an interesting email today from Yelp. It wasn’t the typical recommendations of popular places in and around my community but rather what they titled as an “Important Public Service Announcement.” It was in fact a message warning Yelp users, specifically business owners, about the unsavory practices of certain online reputation companies, specifically companies that claim to work with Yelp to remove your negative reviews or otherwise boost your ratings. The warning includes a form where Yelp users can report on companies using these tactics.

Here is the contents of the email itself:

We’ve recently seen an uptick in reports about “reputation management” companies that claim to work with Yelp to remove your negative reviews or otherwise boost your ratings… for a fee (of course!). If you’re wondering how these companies can make good on this offer, the answer is simple: They can’t. There’s never been any amount of money one can pay — to Yelp or any third party — to manipulate reviews.

If you’ve been contacted by someone offering something along these lines, we’d love to get the details so we can prevent them from preying on others. Please use this form to loop us in. For general questions, contact our user support team at www.yelp.com/contact.

Finally, as we’ve said in the past, the best strategy for reputation management is to provide great customer service, and respond diplomatically to your reviewers.

So are their claims valid? Well, I’ve never heard of an ORM company being able to “work with Yelp” to remove negative reviews. So, any claim by a company who says they have a “special relationship” with Yelp is most likely hogwash. True there may be “Yelp Elite” users that offer ORM services but still the best way to deal with negative Yelp reviews is to provide the very best product and/or service in the first place.

Now, that being said, I’m very aware that you cannot please all people all the time and that there will be scenarios where no matter what you do, someone will be displeased and post a negative review. However, negative reviews are not always the worst scenario. In fact I appreciate a combination of positive and negative reviews when looking at a business on Yelp or any other review site for that matter. When a company has all positives, it just looks unnatural, unless they are simply a kick-ass company and do everything to perfection. I know, rarely happens – we’re all human.

So what is the best way to deal with negative listings at Yelp? First of all, make sure you have claimed your business on Yelp. This offers you the opportunity to respond to reviews – both good and bad. When you respond to those who took the time to submit a review, it shows the customer that you care. And often times in the case of negative reviews, responding offers the opportunity to “make things right” or if nothing else, at least learn how to improve from the experience. The video below shows how Yelp users appreciate responses to their reviews.

Secondly, encourage “positive” reviews. Now I know that Yelp discourages businesses from trying to “force” positive reviews but there are legitimate ways you can encourage customers to review your business on Yelp. Consider the following options:

• Integrate Your Yelp Profile on Your Web Site – Possibly within your Contact or About Us pages, provide links or logos to some of the most popular review sites, including Yelp and then encourage feedback.
  • Post a Physical Notice – Something along the lines of “How are we doing” on receipts, menus, brochures or other prominent locations that then encourage customers to visit your site where they can then submit feedback.
  • Encourage Check-ins – Sure Foursquare is the prominent check-in service but there are now other sites that offer check-in functionality such as Facebook, Google and yes, Yelp. If customers check-in using Yelp, they might be more apt to leave a review as well. What I personally do most often is to check-in at Foursquare, take a photo of my food, my room or something else relevant to the business, upload it in conjunction with my check-in and then use that same photo later to post a review on Yelp.
  • Offer Discounts to Yelp Users – Yelp allows businesses to post discounts, coupons, and events for free. So, by all means, utilize this function! If Yelp users spot a discount, not only may they be  encouraged to stop on in, but keep in mind that active Yelpers write reviews.

* Hat tip to Bridget Ayers  for the above suggestions. See “How To Get More Yelp Reviews For Your Business” for additional tips and further details on the four I posted above.

In summary, online reputation is a valid service that many companies need on a daily basis. We offer such services ourselves. Just beware when an ORM company (or any company for that matter) promises something that you know inside your gut is too good to be true.

Source: http://www.searchrank.com/blog/2012/03/yelp-fights-online-reputatio...

If Google sees the same IP address creating review after review (even if there are weeks between them) it will get flagged eventually for spam and they will remove it. Worst case scenario is that Google will blacklist your page... good luck getting reviews then!

In this case, it was the same IP address because we were trying to get the review to stick. I read Brian Pasch's whitepaper and learned what to do and not to do. So, I am thinking she isn't what Google may consider active enough! But, after several attempts her review did stick. It is hard to tell.

RSS

Social Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Sales Management Professionals sharing Internet strategies and tactics

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service