Professional Community for Automotive Marketers, Car Dealers, OEM and Suppliers
I want to share with you the most important things you should do in order to optimize your WordPress blog or website for optimal SEO performance.
Use SEO-Friendly URLs
SEO-friendly urls will boost your results because they help Google to understand what your page is about
Optimize your titles for SEO
Titles are probably on of the most important on page SEO factor. For best results start your title with your keyword or place it in the beginning.
Add modifiers to your title
Use modifiers like “2016”, “best”, “guide”, and “review etc. They will help you to rank for long tail keywords.
Optimize your descriptions
Your descriptions are very important because they will help you to increase your CTR and this will help you to climb in SERP.
Eliminate thin or duplicate content
Duplicate content decrease the quality of your blog or website and send link juice down the drain.
They help search engines to crawl your websites
• Content marketing is a growing trend. In fact the safest way to build or earn links is through 10x content.
• Create in depth 10x content
• Use LSI keywords - keywords related to your main target keyword
• Link out to quality resources
• Interlink other pages on your website
• Use content Resurrection - updated old content
• Keyword sweet spots -Put your keyword at the beginning and the end of the article.
Boost Time on site
The time your visitors spend on your site is vital ranking factor. If the time your visitors spend on your website is longer compared to your competitors Google will boost your rankings.
Use Responsive Design
There are more searches on Mobile than on desktop. Google even started to penalize mobile unfriendly sites.
Use responsive themes
Boost Site Speed
• Image Optimization
• Use Caching Plugin
• Caching information (expires header)
• Add LazyLoad to your images
• Gzip compression
• Widget/Plugin Overload
• Optimize your WordPress database
• Disable hotlinking and leeching of your content
• Fast WordPress Theme
• Use CDN for static files
• Use solid web host
• Decrease the number of Ads
• External Embedded Media
• Control a number of post revisions
• Turn off pingbacks and trackbacks
• Optimize your home page
I created a detailed guide if you need any help with anything above - newbielink:http://fortunelords.com/wordpress-seo/ [nonactive]
I am ready to answer your questions. Just ask :)