Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

It's great to see that there are a number of us who are starting to make headway when it comes to extolling the virtues of video as a marketing tool for dealers.  However, despite the overwhelming evidence that video works - and the video viewing stats we see from consumers - it's still tough out there...we're still amazed at much of the old school thinking and the reluctance to embrace something new by many dealers we talk to.  BUT I'm sure there's a lot we can still learn about how to talk to dealers and how to sell in the concept! I'd be really interested in hearing what you've got to say on the subject of video.  Do you think it's here to stay?  What are the downsides and upsides? Maybe you aren't even aware that there are organisations selling video services? ...and of course, what would make you say "Fanstastic! Want it NOW!!"

Thanks - and looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Tags: Dealer, Live, Video, car, marketing, online, presentation, used, video

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Terrence,

I agree...Our keyword research in the localized area indicated that the primary search phrases used by consumers was more vehicle specific. Example: (bmw x3 santa fe, etc.) and since we index each auto in 2 major markets (bmw x3 albuquerque) this gives added exposure in the regional market. However, along with this technique, when a customer is wanting to see what else is available over the phone, there are fast options using this method...

Another benefit is with 4G networks…the potential buyer can call or search an 800# (or a local #) for immediate results with any smartphone just by speaking into the phone in a google search.

So, when you need a quick and easy way to display online inventory without sending them to a classifieds site, or your website and allowing the customer too many choices (you can keep them on the selected easy finance units or new discounted units)we can use a specific “phrase” to group selected autos.

So the inventory selected was geared toward folks with credit problems, and the videos and phrases "group" these cars in a search.

The beautiful part about these credit related phrases, is that there are in fact millions of consumers with credit problems, right?

Although you would not think the number of searches per month is an impressive figure, at 27000 for "easy credit" nationally... the bottom line? Zia Kia is selling more cars, and more specifically, to the consumers they wanted us to target. Bullseye!

Thanks for the comment

also Terrence, when you get a sec, you can also check out http://targetedvideoads.com/proven-results on how VSEO can be effective.

Also, "Zia Kia Easy Financing, or Zia Kia Easy Credit" were the phrases targeted for this campaign.

Here's a good example of the sort of video walk-around done correctly:

http://hightechautoservice.com/Vehicles_For_Sale/2008_GMC_Yukon/ind...

The video auto-loads but doesn't blast you with annoying music or a pushy salesman.  Vid quality is VERY clear (HD flip?) and you get a clear idea of the cosmetic condition of the car (scratches, paint quality, etc.), relevant features are highlighted. 

I'd say this small dealer is getting MAX video views because of auto load and maximizing views to completion because of the quality of his vids.

Bob,

That really is a nice video.  

Bob,

I already said nice video in reply to the exact same post you put in another thread, so I don't have to say that again :)  

You are so right.  Video Email and Video Conferencing are the tools for now and the future.  We offer a great package to dealers that is very cost effective.  You can also check out our consumer offering at www.iwowwefree.info.  So far, with dealers now using Video email for internet prospects, appointment ratios are going up 50 to 100%.  We also think up-sales in Fixed-Ops, and customer contacts will be greatly enhanced. 

Donna,

If you click on this query you will see that Gunn Nissan has all their used car inventory online with video.  The first on on the list has a carry over slide show as well as a real video, which is great for comparison.  The rest are all just the video I believe.  I did many of these cars myself and they took 3 minutes end-to-end to produce and upload.  

Here you go:  http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?lastBeginningStartY...

Tim,

Check us out at www.iwowwefree.info.  The most cost effective Video Email and Video Conferencing applications on the market today.  The average dealer would spend $500.00 to $2,000 in initial cost and $100.00 per month for up to 25 Users. 

Let me know what you think.

David Smith

713-303-5998

Not only should you do the walk arounds but also have fun with video highlighting your dealership and employees.  Web series are a big thing right now.  Content for Facebook should not always be selling selling selling but also grabbing that emotional connection with your consumers.  Shoot video at dealership events ;promotions, live radio remotes, birthday parties,.  Heck have someone ride shot gun with a flip camera or cell phone camera while someone from the dealership test drives a car (just make sure its not the driver).  There are unlimited uses for video.  Pack your YouTube page or create two, one for sales and one for dealership highlights.
Hey Donna, - Really great thread! We definitely dig Video where I`m from.....lol........ The way I see it, the majority of dealers are just too lazy to get off their asses & make it happen! I mean listen, I could write something like "Ken Beam`s Video Making 101", show the world how to code, edit, convert to Flash & actually just about squash all of the vendors slide-show video gigs on here by teaching all of the dealers how simple it can be............ but I`m not a vendor & that wouldn`t be right. Just wanted to let you know that Video is certainly not the "Holy Grail" to car sales by any means........... but it certainly does have it`s place & thanks for starting a really nice thread. Ken-

DouglasVWPreOwned-RealValue.jpg
    Buying a used car can make you feel, well, used......... but not when you buy a Douglas VV
                                                Certified PreOwned(CPO)Volkswagen!

Volkswagen`s 2-Year or 24,000-Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty

Douglas Volkswagen is proud to offer a 2-year or 24,000-mile (whichever occurs first)
                              limited warranty on all our certified used Volkswagen vehicles.

There is no deductible.

Plus, you keep the balance of any limited warranties already on your certified
                                                      PreOwned Volkswagen vehicle.

Think of it as peace of mind on four wheels.

What's Covered:
  • 2 years or 24,000 miles (whichever occurs first
  • Any repair or service caused by a broken or
  •  malfunctioning
  •  part covered by the limited warranty
  • 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program¹
  • Engine
  • Steering
  • Front and rear axles
  • Manual transmission
  • Electrical power supply
  • Heating and air-conditioning
  • Anti-lock Braking System
  • Electrical systems
  • Torque converter
  • Differential
  • Material or manufacturing defects

24-Hour Roadside Assistance:

You get 2 years of 24-Hour Roadside
 Assistance on your certified used
 Volkswagen vehicle.¹ That means
 regardless of your vehicle's mileage,
 you have a group of automotive
 experts at your beck and call, 24 hours
 a day. They will tow you, change
 your tires, unlock your doors, deliver
 fuel if you run out and other services
 (see below). We hope you never need 'em.
 But it's good to know they're there.
 After all, they do offer plenty of services.

What's Covered:
  • Tow to the nearest licensed authorized
  •  Volkswagen dealer
  • Flat tire changes
  • Jump starting
  • Emergency fuel delivery
  • Winching/Extrication
  • Unlocking your door
  • Emergency repairs
  • Available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
  • 2 years regardless of mileage

Buying a Certified PreOwned