Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

I recently read an article from www.AutoRemarketing.com titled Which Vehicle Brands Are Retaining The Most Customers. I couldn’t believe the results! Ford and Honda led the way with 62% customer retention. Some other notable brands were Toyota 60%, Chevrolet 52%, Volkswagen 41%, and Dodge 22%. In fact, the industry average was only 48% customer retention. That means that on average over half of consumers will not buy the same make of vehicle they are currently driving when it comes time to trade.

So what's the reason for such high customer fallout? Is it because people are not brand loyal anymore? Has the internet created a more educated buyer with so many choices that consumers just decide to try different brands instead of being loyal to one? Or is it because most dealerships do a poor job of making sure that their customers have a satisfying buying experience?

I’m a consumer just like you and the only time I typically hear from my dealership is when they want something from me… usually with a hand out asking me to spend more money with them. It’s this kind of normal dealership interaction that creates a wedge between the dealership and their customers. It’s not that most customers wouldn’t like to own another vehicle like the one they are driving, but more that they just don’t want to deal with that dealership so they look at comparable brands that other dealerships in their market offer.

My advice would be to take a serious look at how you are communicating with your customers. Are you only interacting with them when you want something or are you creating a life-time relationship with them?

At CEO Marketing, we help our dealership clients build that customer relationship with our Life-Cycle Marketing Automated Customer Retention Program. Strategic communication with different touch points during vehicle ownership so customers know without a doubt that the dealership appreciates their business and wants them as a customer for life!

If you’d like to learn more about our dynamic customer retention program please email me at omoon@captureeveryopporunity.com and I’d be happy to send you some information.

Tags: Customer, Life-Cycle, Retention

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Owen,

Do you have the link to the actual article...I looked around a bit but didn't see it.

Thanks

Hi Scott -

Here is the link:

Customer Retention Article

Hope it works for you!!

Thanks Owen!

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

4. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service