Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

On October 7, 2011 at 6:00 pm the Automotive Website Awards (AWA) will be presented in Las Vegas to the companies that have created outstanding products and services for car dealers.

This year we will be also recognizing the best mobile websites for car dealers as well as the best mobile apps for dealers.

Share Your Opinion

I would love to engage this community by asking all members to share their favorite mobile website technology for car dealers.  If you recommend a mobile site, please give the URL and the reason why you like the mobile website.   

Also, if your dealership has a custom mobile app or an app that you purchased from a vendor, share what you love about it.

Your input is important.  If you are heading to Las Vegas, reserve your tickets to the Awards Ceremony and VIP Reception following.  You can reserve tickets at the official AWA Website at http://www.automotivewebsiteawards.com 

Tags: awa, best automotive websites, dealer website awards, mobile websites

Views: 880

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Joe,

I agree with you. Your improvement from averaging 5 calls to averaging 77 is strong. But I wasn't questioning your improvement, I was just curious if averaging 77 calls is the most you can achieve right now. If you were getting 150 unique mobile visitors and averaging 77 calls, I would say you are definitely converting at a high rate, but if you were getting 300 unique mobile visitors and only receiving 77 calls, I would say that you could probably improve your site and push the 77 higher.

James,

May I caution you on trying to compare Dealer B's performance to Dealer C's.  Even if the franchises are identical, there is a truck load of variables that'll skew the 2 dealers activity.

For example, if traffic between 2 dealer sites are the same, call counts can be easily altered by A DIFFERENCE IN:

• Inventory Size and depth. 
  • New vs Used Quantities
  • Used inventory profiles (i.e. high-end vs low-end). 
  • Dealer's Ad Budget
  • Dealers Ad Message (warm and fuzzy or strong call to action?)
  • Location: Rural in close proximity to metro (long drive = more calls)
  • Location Demo: Austin TX vs Wilkes Barre PA (young high tech -vs- Old Lunch Pail) 
  • Size of the service business
  • Size of the parts business
  • Alone on an Island (the lucky bastard has little competition).
  • Fighting for Attention (lost is a sea of aggressive competitors). 
  • *Price on vehicles? (no price = more calls... and less return visits ;-)
  • *Photos on vehicles (no pics = more calls... and less return visits ;-)
  • *Inventory options collected to perfection in both cases?

You probably see this yourself.  One dealer's site knocks it over the fence, where the other dealer with the same franchise, same web site yet in another city has different results.

So, based on all of the above, you run the danger of using an outlier as a performance reference.  Even if you were to group your franchises and average them all, it still would leave us with an apples to oranges mess.

From my seat, the ONLY performance metrics that matter are dealer's internal stats.  Dealer X site Before and Dealer X site After. 

Even these "before and after's" won't plug into anyone elses ROI projections. Can any dealer assume that if they buy a great mobile site they'll get 1200% more calls?  Hell no.  All it does is demonstrate there are great returns to be had if a dealer shops hard and works hard to find a partner to create a great site!

*this isn't a yes or no answer, call counts can get skewed when one dealer has 25% units w/o pics vs 5% w/o pics

Joe,

I agree. I was simply thinking I could provide some estimates, but you are right every situation is unique.

I'm a bit surprised that ADM members that have mobile sites from so MANY different vendors have so LITTLE to say about their mobile sites.  Do they care what they look like?  Do they care about performance?

So, it seems that there are FEW mobile website vendors that ADM members care to talk about.  Interesting.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service