Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Just saw this press release:  http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sister-technologies-granted...  Congratulations to them.  Getting a Patent is a long process and they obviously did a great deal of work to make it happen.

I am wondering what, if anything, this means for the other companies out there that use the same process of taking dealer or third party produced photos and then merging them with voice overs, background music and scrolling text and then encoding that file into a suitable video format for internet consumption.

Anyone have a take on this?

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hi Tom,

There are always alternatives -- this is America.  LOL!  I think that Israel's comments extending shared credit to all vendors in the video vertical that have promoted the value of video following the rising tide floats all boats theory suggests that he agress.  After all, what are friends for!!

PS:  Just an honest FYI -- I swear no dig intended.  When you go to the video link you suggested the first vehicle video selection gets you an "Ooops Message.  "The page you are looking for has been moved.   etc.." when you try to play the video.  I grabbed a screen saver of it but I couldn't figure out how to paste it in this reply.  I assume that you would want to know -- after all, what are friends for!

Thanks Philip.

No worries.  If I had a dime for every time I clicked on a link while I was chasing down the latest "video" that turned out to be another slide show, that had a broken link or no audio or was of the wrong car; I could retire.

I am sure that after that you spent some time looking and noticed the hundreds of cars that had video posted across multiple sites.  BTW, it took less than a day to post a couple hundred cars in real video to all these sites.  

Oh, and you can just paste the screen shot to a word document convert to a pdf and post, probably.

Boys forget the Slide-Show! Get a camera & let`s get rockin`! Ya don`t need to pay for this s***! Just get off your ass & DO IT!

DouglasVWPreOwned-RealValue.jpg
    Buying a used car can make you feel, well, used......... but not when you buy a Douglas VV
                                                Certified PreOwned(CPO)Volkswagen!

Volkswagen`s 2-Year or 24,000-Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty

Douglas Volkswagen is proud to offer a 2-year or 24,000-mile (whichever occurs first)
                              limited warranty on all our certified used Volkswagen vehicles.

There is no deductible.

Plus, you keep the balance of any limited warranties already on your certified
                                                      PreOwned Volkswagen vehicle.

Think of it as peace of mind on four wheels.

What's Covered:
  • 2 years or 24,000 miles (whichever occurs first
  • Any repair or service caused by a broken or
  •  malfunctioning
  •  part covered by the limited warranty
  • 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Program¹
  • Engine
  • Steering
  • Front and rear axles
  • Manual transmission
  • Electrical power supply
  • Heating and air-conditioning
  • Anti-lock Braking System
  • Electrical systems
  • Torque converter
  • Differential
  • Material or manufacturing defects

24-Hour Roadside Assistance:

You get 2 years of 24-Hour Roadside
 Assistance on your certified used
 Volkswagen vehicle.¹ That means
 regardless of your vehicle's mileage,
 you have a group of automotive
 experts at your beck and call, 24 hours
 a day. They will tow you, change
 your tires, unlock your doors, deliver
 fuel if you run out and other services
 (see below). We hope you never need 'em.
 But it's good to know they're there.
 After all, they do offer plenty of services.

What's Covered:
  • Tow to the nearest licensed authorized
  •  Volkswagen dealer
  • Flat tire changes
  • Jump starting
  • Emergency fuel delivery
  • Winching/Extrication
  • Unlocking your door
  • Emergency repairs
  • Available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
  • 2 years regardless of mileage

Buying a Certified PreOwned