Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
A few months ago the auto group that I work for decided to replace our regular monthly newsletter with a Video Newsletter (also sent monthly). Everyone on the marketing team was excited and hopeful.

We have been watching “Click rates” and “Share rates” and how long people view our videos, so far we have been quite disappointed with the results. We have changed the types of messages, the amount of content, and recently outsourced the newsletter's distribution to a third party in hopes that it would reach more viewers.

I know that video is important. I also understand that “magic” doesn't happen overnight. I just feel that in the very near future I will be in a position in which I (or my team) may have to defend the Video Newsletter to our CEO. In a business built on the “30 day hero” mentality, I need bigger, better, faster results.

Please let me know what you have done to increase the reach of your videos...

Thanks so much for your help.~B

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Can you provide a link to the newsletter?
How are you monitoring your click-thru's?  And when I watch the videos, there's not a "share" button on the video I can find.  I guess there were good reasons to ship your videos with provider you chose?  One thing, too, about video:  Shorter is better.  This impacts your "views" rate, especially, because folks that watch 1/2 your video don't count as a "view".  I think they are a little long for folks to sit through.  Just my $.02.

I know that some of the "Warm Fuzzy" feature videos have been a little lengthy, but everything else has been pretty short. What length do you recommend?

We use different places to host the videos. Our SEO director monitors the video stats.

Thx for your help.

90seconds or less, but I'm NOT a video expert.  I just think we've forgotten, though, what video is when empowered by the consumer to act/react/nix the content.  You have a great intro on the service drive video, but what we've forgotten is--given a choice--folks don't watch commercials.  They watch shows and Put Up With commercials.  With DVR, they run past them like crazy--hence the rise of the value of live events that draw viewership (such as disasters, unfortunately).  SO, just ask yourself this:  "Would I sit through this or run past it with a DVR?".  I think, then, that the best and most-watched videos are those that entertain, interest, and then weave in product placement.  And they are short.  I'm not an expert, but I do think this position makes some sense.  Hope it helps!
It does. Thank you!
You're welcome, Bridgette.  And please let us know here what steps actually improve your response.
Keith hit the nail on the head as usual.  The videos are too long.  30-60 seconds are about the length you are looking for here. Short, concise videos which offer some value to the consumer will get stronger views.  Try some simple "How to" videos like how to check proper tread depth on tires or how to setup bluetooth.
Thanks for your input

Hello Bridgette,

We have recently started to send daily training tips and help to our clients with video examples to ensure that continous training occurs which ultimately will improve the quality of the service they provide. So far everything seems good with someone this morning partially upset that he didn't recieve his daily dose.

Have you though about embedding your videos? In particular your main feature. Something that would prevent the reader having to click through and to open another window.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service