Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

So after hours and hours of searching, I have finally found the TrueCar booth at NADA.  You'll notice that transparency seems to be their NADA theme.

Are you ready for the picture? 

Wait until you get a load of their booth.

Are you sure you want to see this?

This is your last chance to exit before witnessing the TrueCar spectacle.

Tags: NADA, Truecar

Views: 1448

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I bet they couldnt pay enough to get someone to sit there and take the heat:) looks like mabe the moving guys might of even had enough after setting up the chairs.

If you like the picture, you'll love my sit down interview with Scott and Steve from TrueCar.

http://youtu.be/gspDEPUuuFI

Hi Jerry, and others.  I was forwarded this post by one of my employees who was appalled by the fact that Truecar would do such a thing.  And originally I felt the same as everyone commenting before me....pretty pathetic of them!  I decided to dig into the facts myself before further sharing such info.  And I've found some info that I'd like to point out, in the interest of fairness & honest reporting.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not at all a fan of Truecar. I've spent 22 successful years in the retail end of the business and am 100% in favor of and in support of dealers.  Anyone who knows me can attest to that.  I am also in favor of truthful information.  I don't like being misled and I really don't like misleading info that perpetuates attacks.  Again, I'll emphasize I am not in support of Truecar so do not mistake this reply as anything remotely relating to that.

Before sharing this information with others of just how pathectic I found Truecar to be after reading this post and how amazed I was if they truly paid for a booth and didn't man it, I went to the NADA convention website and searched the vendor listings. I found that booth 3356 was sponsored by Stone Meta Media.  I then went to Stone Meta Media's website and found a huge promo on their home page for NADA 2012 promoting this booth number shown in the pic...3356.  It appears that something unfortunate happened at Stone Meta Media and they couldn't attend their booth, if it was truly empty as this pics displaying.  Bummer for them.  I did some checking to see if Stone Meta Media was perhaps one of Truecar's investors, supporters, etc and didn't see anything obvious. Although I have to admit I didn't spend too much time on it.  So if I'm wrong, please correct me on that one.

Jerry, if I've read too much into this post by taking it seriously, I apologize - because if it was simply meant a joke, that's pretty darn funny. I just didn't see any reference to "just kidding" so I really wasn't sure.  By the way, Jerry - this isn't meant as an attack on you AT ALL.  I think you're a pretty sharp guy with a great product.  and I appreciate you being one of the first to lead the charge against Truecar's business model and tactics.  I simply felt compelled to write to the others reading this with what I'd discovered in my own efforts to verify the facts before perpuating false information - because I just don't think that's fair to do so. As someone who works for a company with alot of integrity and genuine interests for our dealer partners, we are getting falsely dragged into this Truecar stuff often by folks who aren't even aware of a single fact about our company...I read it regularly.  Anyhow, I've been reading these blogs for years and know many of these regular experts who post information. I find it informative and a very helpful community - I just encourage everyone else reading these posts to do your own homework on checking facts before you simply spread what you read as I see Jerry's post already getting read and shared, promoted, tweeted, etc.. 

All the Best to Everyone!

Attachments:

This was a joke.  The booth that was empty was in fact another company.  I had heard that they people staffing this booth did not show up to set the booth up on Firday, so NADA removed their materials and they were not allowed to setup on Saturday morning when they arrived.  Too bad for them, it was a good location by food and restrooms.

But good investigating Rae!

It turned out to be a false rumor....

It turned out it was just a RUMOR not a TrueFact. Some people mistakenly thought the TrueCar reception had been moved from the renaissance hotel to the lobby of The Greyhound Bus Station evidently so TrueCar Fans could meet Scott Painter and TrueCar staff when they arrived in Las Vegas (travel budget has been reduced by accounting)

Turns out this was not factual 

While all of the dealers were in Vegas looking for Truecar, Truecar was busy breaking into everyone's DMS. They tricked us again!

Glad you at least found it! I looked to no avail. The "transparency" is being able t o see thru their BS !

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service