Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

First, this is not a "Battle!"  This is an opportunity for those who -- like me -- believe that a rising tide floats all boats and that sharing best practices is the cornerstone of ADM.   

After all, what are friends -- and ADM -- for!

Second, since I am starting this forum I would like to propose the rules; subject to the approval and support of the participants of course -- and supported by the response, or lack thereof, by both the consultants and the ADM jury that will vote on each subject as they vote for the best practice provided by the participants.  Of course the winner will be anyone that participates since I hope that we will all listen and learn as much as we presume to teach!

Third; here are the rules;

1) No self serving promotions or agendas by the consultants or their minions before, during or after the challenge.  ADM is one of the few automotive industry social networking communities that supports and even promotes the truth -- that we all make our living in the auto industry and selling ourselves and/or our products and services is an accepted practice on ADM.  The importance of transparency in that process is critical to maintain credibility in the community and this post is not intended to prioritize that element which has its own place and time and -- in my opinion -- self promotion should be clearly disclosed or at least obvious when applied.

2) No contact will be made by any consultants before, during or after the challenge to any voting members of ADM to solicit supportive comments -- or attack other consultant's contributions -- to attempt to sway the vote or to individually benefit from the challenge.  Transparency of purpose requires that no direct solicitations for business will be directed to the voting members.  Of course the expectation for the consultants in the challenge to accept new business earned by their shared wisdoms is both acceptable and anticipated.

3) No "cookie cutter" solutions or individual vendor solutions will be named or submitted as best practices to address any issue in the challenge.  The creative thought required to accomodate individual problems and solutions is the unique work product that I hope to surface in this challenge.  Best practices will always be universal in nature, however, this challenge is intended to spark new ideas, not promote ones that we have already surfaced and applied.

4) There will be five problems covered by the consultants to be selected by our fellow ADM members between NOW and midnight of the day before the scheduled live webinar to conduct the challenge.   I hope that the response will supply sufficient shared problems to fuel the challenge, however, in the absence of sufficient recommendations the moderator and the contributing consultants will select the subjects for discussion.

5) Ralph Paglia, as the host of ADM, will act as the moderator during the challenge and he will also contribute as a consultant and establish the webinar in the platform of his choosing.  Ralph has proven himself to be a consumate professional and supporter of the selfless spirit of this challenge in both his actions and his deeds on ADM.  Since we all will be the winners of this challenge I see no prejudice in having Ralph moderate and contribute. 

6) The moderator will be empowered to disqualify any consultant or voter in the challenge who -- at his sole discretion -- is not conducting themselves in the spirit of the challenge.

7) Any ADM member is invited to register as a consultant before 12 midnight the day before the challenge begins and any active member of ADM is invited to vote for the best consultant and best pratcice that they contribute.

8) The votes will be accumulated as comments on this post commencing immediately after the live webinar is completed and closing 24 hours after the challenge ends.  The votes will consist of the name of the chosen consultant and an explanation of the best practice(s) that they contributed to earn their vote.   For convenience in tallying the votes the consultants name should be mentioned at the opening of the comment. More than one consultant and best practice can be named with the highest total vote count determining the best contribution and consultant.  Again ... we will all be the winners!

OK, that is my challenge -- now it is your turn to determine if it is of any value to my fellow ADM members.  I am awaiting your comments or registration as a consultant in the challenge and of course if Uncle Ralph elects not to moderate I am open to a recommended substitute; although I hope that won't be necessary.

After all -- what are friends , ADM and especially Ralph Paglia for! 

Tags: ADM Members, Automotive Digital Marketing, Consultant, Consultant Challenge, Consulting, Consulting Competition, Contest, Vote

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hey Philip, thought you might want to see what topics are being covered in the 12 week webinar series - maybe you can glean some common problems from them?

May 13th - Ron Morrison/ronsmap.com: How Important is "Word of Mouth"?
Click Below to Register
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/714381346

May20th Jerry Thibeau/Phone Ninjas: Handling Inbound Phone Calls - How to Give Good Phone
Click Below to Register
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/761455715

May 27th Grant Cardone/Grant Cardone Sales Training: If You're Not First You're Last
Click Below to Register
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/879318035

June 3rd Kim Clouse/iAuto Consultants: Old Dogs and New Dogs: Bridging the Gap withTechnique and Technology

June 10th Ralph Paglia/ADP Digital Services: Social Media Advertising Applications for High Quality Lead Generation

June 17th Scott Tanner/Yellow Jacket Media: The Video Revolution

June 24th Greg Wells/Kain Automotive: How to Make Appointments That Stick

July 1st David Johnson/Persuasive Concepts: Developing Your Social Media Strategy
Good news bad news! I apologize Shannon but I won't be able to do the session on May 13th. I'm very sorry and I'll make it up to you sometime soon! Building the hottest new site in the biz is turning out to be a 25-hour job! LOL But we're having fun. Thank you for your support and for considering me.

Again,

Apologies!
Talked to Tom Hopkins today and he said he could probably do this session.. Not for sure yet but he'll keep the commitment if it's a go... Hold tight!

E
Hey Eddie and Shannon,

I too am focused on Ad Agency Online and ronsmap's roll out -- amongst many other of my vendor clients expansion plans -- so I won't be able to participate in your planned 12 week webinars either.

With your presumed understanding of my situation, I wish you luck -- but once again, I don't want to confuse the agenda and priority of the planned ADM Consultant Challenge surfaced in this post since we all have very limited time to participate in online webinars. Unfortunately, the multiple links that Shannon posted in her last comment to register for your sessions may once again serve to redirect people away from the one this post is coordinating.

That said, I do appreciate Shannon's thoughts to take some of your session topics and restate them as problems for Ralph to consider so feel free to rephrase them for Ralph's consideration so we can surface some solutions.

After all, what are friends, ADM -- and the Consultant Challenge for!
Hey Philip - I do have a list of other topics that have been suggested that I'll email to you directly.
Thanks.
SP
Thanks Shannon -- but, I am neither the judge or the jury in this Challenge and preliminary forum so you really should just post them here for Ralph to select, the consultants to address and most importantly for our ADM friends to listen and learn from before they vote for the best practices that your suggested problems surface during the final live webinar.

I am just the gate keeper trying to keep everyone focused on solving shared problems.

After all, .... you know what comes next!
Saw that one coming last week Phil no worries.. lol
Rats - I thought that was a possibility, actually. You're changing the entire playing field...GOOD FOR YOU! Let me know if you might be available at the end of July and do look me up if you're back in the Pac NW!
Thanks Eddie. I look forward to reading Shannon's list of shared problems along with our ADM friends in this post and your subsequent contributions to ADM with your related words of wisdom in the shared solutions when we discuss them in the webinar.

After all, what are friends, ADM and the ADM Consultant Challenge for!
I will not be able to host the May 20th event since I have booked a paid training engagement for that week. Sorry for the short notice, but this is how I pay the bills.
Hi Jerry,

I assume that you are referring to Eddie's scheduled weekly webinars that he listed a few comments back -- and I also assume that Eddie will get the message since he and Shannon usually monitor this forum so -- no worries!

Frankly, the cross messaging between their weekly webinars and this ADM Consultant Challenge has confused some other ADM friends -- including me -- so hopefully this will resolve any similar questions.

That said -- it is time for Uncle Ralph to post his recap of the TIPS problems that he has collected to date and to schedule the final live webinar to solve the problems and determine the best of the best practices provided by the registered consultants who are willing to share their wisdoms with the ADM community.

After all, what are friends, ADM -- and the Consultant Challenge for!
Sorry Philip. Pretty sure I have lots of contact info out there!
You wouldn't be interested in talking about Giving Good Phone would you?
:-)

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

October 2019
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service