Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders
First, this is not a "Battle!" This is an opportunity for those who -- like me -- believe that a rising tide floats all boats and that sharing best practices is the cornerstone of ADM.
After all, what are friends -- and ADM -- for!
Second, since I am starting this forum I would like to propose the rules; subject to the approval and support of the participants of course -- and supported by the response, or lack thereof, by both the consultants and the ADM jury that will vote on each subject as they vote for the best practice provided by the participants. Of course the winner will be anyone that participates since I hope that we will all listen and learn as much as we presume to teach!
Third; here are the rules;
1) No self serving promotions or agendas by the consultants or their minions before, during or after the challenge. ADM is one of the few automotive industry social networking communities that supports and even promotes the truth -- that we all make our living in the auto industry and selling ourselves and/or our products and services is an accepted practice on ADM. The importance of transparency in that process is critical to maintain credibility in the community and this post is not intended to prioritize that element which has its own place and time and -- in my opinion -- self promotion should be clearly disclosed or at least obvious when applied.
2) No contact will be made by any consultants before, during or after the challenge to any voting members of ADM to solicit supportive comments -- or attack other consultant's contributions -- to attempt to sway the vote or to individually benefit from the challenge. Transparency of purpose requires that no direct solicitations for business will be directed to the voting members. Of course the expectation for the consultants in the challenge to accept new business earned by their shared wisdoms is both acceptable and anticipated.
3) No "cookie cutter" solutions or individual vendor solutions will be named or submitted as best practices to address any issue in the challenge. The creative thought required to accomodate individual problems and solutions is the unique work product that I hope to surface in this challenge. Best practices will always be universal in nature, however, this challenge is intended to spark new ideas, not promote ones that we have already surfaced and applied.
4) There will be five problems covered by the consultants to be selected by our fellow ADM members between NOW and midnight of the day before the scheduled live webinar to conduct the challenge. I hope that the response will supply sufficient shared problems to fuel the challenge, however, in the absence of sufficient recommendations the moderator and the contributing consultants will select the subjects for discussion.
5) Ralph Paglia, as the host of ADM, will act as the moderator during the challenge and he will also contribute as a consultant and establish the webinar in the platform of his choosing. Ralph has proven himself to be a consumate professional and supporter of the selfless spirit of this challenge in both his actions and his deeds on ADM. Since we all will be the winners of this challenge I see no prejudice in having Ralph moderate and contribute.
6) The moderator will be empowered to disqualify any consultant or voter in the challenge who -- at his sole discretion -- is not conducting themselves in the spirit of the challenge.
7) Any ADM member is invited to register as a consultant before 12 midnight the day before the challenge begins and any active member of ADM is invited to vote for the best consultant and best pratcice that they contribute.
8) The votes will be accumulated as comments on this post commencing immediately after the live webinar is completed and closing 24 hours after the challenge ends. The votes will consist of the name of the chosen consultant and an explanation of the best practice(s) that they contributed to earn their vote. For convenience in tallying the votes the consultants name should be mentioned at the opening of the comment. More than one consultant and best practice can be named with the highest total vote count determining the best contribution and consultant. Again ... we will all be the winners!
OK, that is my challenge -- now it is your turn to determine if it is of any value to my fellow ADM members. I am awaiting your comments or registration as a consultant in the challenge and of course if Uncle Ralph elects not to moderate I am open to a recommended substitute; although I hope that won't be necessary.
After all -- what are friends , ADM and especially Ralph Paglia for!