Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

First, this is not a "Battle!"  This is an opportunity for those who -- like me -- believe that a rising tide floats all boats and that sharing best practices is the cornerstone of ADM.   

After all, what are friends -- and ADM -- for!

Second, since I am starting this forum I would like to propose the rules; subject to the approval and support of the participants of course -- and supported by the response, or lack thereof, by both the consultants and the ADM jury that will vote on each subject as they vote for the best practice provided by the participants.  Of course the winner will be anyone that participates since I hope that we will all listen and learn as much as we presume to teach!

Third; here are the rules;

1) No self serving promotions or agendas by the consultants or their minions before, during or after the challenge.  ADM is one of the few automotive industry social networking communities that supports and even promotes the truth -- that we all make our living in the auto industry and selling ourselves and/or our products and services is an accepted practice on ADM.  The importance of transparency in that process is critical to maintain credibility in the community and this post is not intended to prioritize that element which has its own place and time and -- in my opinion -- self promotion should be clearly disclosed or at least obvious when applied.

2) No contact will be made by any consultants before, during or after the challenge to any voting members of ADM to solicit supportive comments -- or attack other consultant's contributions -- to attempt to sway the vote or to individually benefit from the challenge.  Transparency of purpose requires that no direct solicitations for business will be directed to the voting members.  Of course the expectation for the consultants in the challenge to accept new business earned by their shared wisdoms is both acceptable and anticipated.

3) No "cookie cutter" solutions or individual vendor solutions will be named or submitted as best practices to address any issue in the challenge.  The creative thought required to accomodate individual problems and solutions is the unique work product that I hope to surface in this challenge.  Best practices will always be universal in nature, however, this challenge is intended to spark new ideas, not promote ones that we have already surfaced and applied.

4) There will be five problems covered by the consultants to be selected by our fellow ADM members between NOW and midnight of the day before the scheduled live webinar to conduct the challenge.   I hope that the response will supply sufficient shared problems to fuel the challenge, however, in the absence of sufficient recommendations the moderator and the contributing consultants will select the subjects for discussion.

5) Ralph Paglia, as the host of ADM, will act as the moderator during the challenge and he will also contribute as a consultant and establish the webinar in the platform of his choosing.  Ralph has proven himself to be a consumate professional and supporter of the selfless spirit of this challenge in both his actions and his deeds on ADM.  Since we all will be the winners of this challenge I see no prejudice in having Ralph moderate and contribute. 

6) The moderator will be empowered to disqualify any consultant or voter in the challenge who -- at his sole discretion -- is not conducting themselves in the spirit of the challenge.

7) Any ADM member is invited to register as a consultant before 12 midnight the day before the challenge begins and any active member of ADM is invited to vote for the best consultant and best pratcice that they contribute.

8) The votes will be accumulated as comments on this post commencing immediately after the live webinar is completed and closing 24 hours after the challenge ends.  The votes will consist of the name of the chosen consultant and an explanation of the best practice(s) that they contributed to earn their vote.   For convenience in tallying the votes the consultants name should be mentioned at the opening of the comment. More than one consultant and best practice can be named with the highest total vote count determining the best contribution and consultant.  Again ... we will all be the winners!

OK, that is my challenge -- now it is your turn to determine if it is of any value to my fellow ADM members.  I am awaiting your comments or registration as a consultant in the challenge and of course if Uncle Ralph elects not to moderate I am open to a recommended substitute; although I hope that won't be necessary.

After all -- what are friends , ADM and especially Ralph Paglia for! 

Tags: ADM Members, Automotive Digital Marketing, Consultant, Consultant Challenge, Consulting, Consulting Competition, Contest, Vote

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Eddie, as Phil mention it might be an oversight but hijacking posts in a forum is a big no-no! LOL
David and Eddie -- and especially my ADM friends,

I am sure that Eddie was just following the proven process of ABC -- Always Be Closing -- and he has my respect and understanding for doing it. I am confident that his intentions were pure so -- no worries. More importantly, I agree that we all should support and attend his sessions since their platform and agenda will only compliment and supplement this one.

We are all in this together. After all, what are friends for!
I agree, I didn't see any malicious intent in it. I use to work for Eddie, I'm just riding his ass, that what we do! LOL
???? The whole idea was Hijacked David... I'm understanding that we are promoting everything as a group. I wasn't aware of the underlining motivation but yes we do have a separate post set up for this and we can stick with that since the underlining goal is consistent with that end. I will call you on you cell in just a bit...

Thanks,

Eddie
What I'm referring to is that it causes a bit of confusion for people who are interested in this webinar, they see a link and think it might be for this one, when it isn't.

No biggie really, I don't think anybody feels you were trying to confuse on purpose, hell I've done it myself!

I think the more webinars we have the better, I'm all for sharing, even the secret sauce. I'm as bout as transparent as they come.
Meanwhile Eddie, as I see that you have time to post/promote your new Battle Meeting on multiple posts, many of us who participated in the first webinar are still awaiting the full dealer list that attended your first webinar. I understand you and Shannon have been able to use that list to market your consulting to, but I feel, since we all participated (Ralph Paglia, Phil Zelinger, Megan Bucher, and myself), we all deserve a copy of that list.

I requested this of Shannon several days ago on behalf of the group once I found out you were using the list for your own campaigning purposes so I'll respectfully ask again, directly, if you will share that list with us so we can follow up as you have done.

After all, Eddie, what are friends for?
Hey Joe,

I never thought that my line "What are friends for" could sound so much like an insult! LOL!!

Anyway, just for your -- and everyone else's confidence and support in this forum, I set the rules up to prevent any concerns over the list being used for self serving purposes so that should not be an issue here and now moving forward.

Also, Eddie's Battle Of The Consultants was put together very quickly in real time and I am sure that if he/we/I would have had the luxury of hindsight that he/we/you would have planned ahead to avoid any issues or concerns; such as the one you referenced.

I certainly share your point since some of your personal clients were invited to participate and you may now feel exposed, however, live and learn and then -- learn some more! I trust that Eddie will do the right thing by all,. since, after all -- What are friends for! (AND -- I mean that in a nice way!!)
You bet Joe!
While I agree dealers don't know what they don't know, David, I will submit that dealerships' primary problems nowadays are NOT their lack of Facebook fans. That isn't in their top 10 problems. Yet everyone wants to speak about it because it interests us experts.

So Phil, I would be hesitant to have the topic "how to monetize social media" when soc med is NOT about conquest business, but customer retention. The effects of soc med can be seen incrementally today, but will yield dividends in the future, a few years from now. Instead, let's sure up our processes/templates/phone skills/people skills/department structures/digital advertising/and reporting and move the ship forward for TODAY.

To add my own topic, though I agree with Jerry we should hear from dealers and their staff, many internet managers want to know how to gain buy-in from management. How to Gain Buy-In from Ownership/Management is a worthy topic many ISM's struggle with daily.
I agree, but as suggested in this post we are just posting problems to be considered. As far as it interesting us experts, more Fans doesn't really interest me as much as how a dealership is engaging the fans they already have. One of the first things I look at when a dealer asks me that question is how they are engaging the fans they already have.

I ask because no matter how many fans a dealership has, if they aren't engaging them then the dealerships posts wont show up in their fans default news feed, not on a regular basis anyway.

I do like your proposed question, its right on the nose and is very important, I'd like to second that one!
I would agree
Ok Joe, so your suggested problem is "How to Gain Buy-In from Ownership/Management" -- correct!

That said, I respectfully disagree that social media is limited to customer retention and that it does not provide conquest sales!! I love you, and you are wiser and better looking than I am in many ways -- but W.O.M.O. and C2C marketing in social media extends a viral message to conquest friends and family in circles that no conventional or digital marketing message can reach!!

Of course this is not the forum to discuss that -- yet!! So, let's get back to posting more problems and I love the one that you just surfaced.

So far, so good!!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

October 2019
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service