Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!
Discussion Point…

Today’s sales model is out-dated and fails more than it succeeds, so why do we keep using it? The consumers continue to plead and beg that we find a different way of conducting business and lets face it… we comply only as far as we have to, to meet factory C.S.I standards. We only take it this far because of fear of losing control of the customer. I stumble across some statistics of how the car buyer perceives us and how we conduct business today and I have to be honest I was a little set back by the results. So I conducted some of my own focus groups and found that these stats were right on! 97% of shoppers wanted to look at the inventory without being hassled. 85% said the salesperson was not professional and didn’t like the aggressiveness of the sales people when they 1st stepped foot on the lot. 99% insisted on a professional presentation. 87% felt an attitude of indifference or lack of concern from the salesperson. 90% never got a complete product presentation on the vehicle and 91% believed the salesperson did not know the product. Now for me that was enough proof that we, as Automobile Sales Professionals, need to find a better, more consumer friendly, way to conduct business.
I was a GM of an Auto Group in AZ and stumbled across a small, new to the market, company that seemed to have the solution to these problems. I asked them to come and present it to me. I was pleased to see the company was composed of Dealership owners, GMs and GSMs… “car people”, unlike some of these other companies who have little to no actual auto sales experience. These were people who had experienced the same problems I had but found the solution. I was so excited and impressed with this new company that I resigned my position and came aboard as the VP of Marketing and Product Development.
Today’s world has become a technological driven world to the point that it is almost a new language and we have no way for our salespeople to speak this language to the consumer when they come on our lot. We have developed a way for your salespeople to not only speak this new language but do it in a non-confrontational manner without losing control of the customer. Today there are over 50 million users of the iphone and ipod touch. So with this technology we have developed a product presentation tool that is a fully automated data provider and allows you to constantly monitor the customer’s activity at your desk top. It breaks down the customers fear barrier. It gives an accurate and consistent product presentation, all the while selling value rather that price! It integrates with your current CRM. It automatically follows up via email to your sold and unsold customers. And it gets your service and parts customers back on your lot, looking at the new products.
What other industry do you know today, that could have the customer perception similar to the auto industry’s and survive? Maybe there is a reason for our problems today!!! www.imalooker.com

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I think it would be great for our service customers. They are seriously the hardest "nuts to crack". Everytime I would go "up" a service customer it was "No, I don't need any help just killing time while my car is in the shop" I would always try to strike up a conversation about their current vehicle without trying to push them into a vehicle.

I didn't care if I sold them a car that day. I was the guy trying to be their friend, eventually they will need a new one. Maybe they will remember that I didn't press them too hard and they will come back...

I always gave them a ticket to the be-back bus (my card) might as well :)
T.R. Snow: As you may have noticed I have posted positive impressions of your product. It is a good idea because many buyers do not want to talk to a salesman until they are sure they want to buy; however in view of the fact that this conversation is almost entirely focused on a single solution rather than a general discussion about the title how about some detailed product information:

1. How much does it cost a dealer to use and what is your revenue model?

2. What operating system does it use to run your software app? The hardware appears to be much the same technology as any smartphone, ipod touch, etc.

3. I would imagine that it must be very costly to make a movie presentation for every different vehicle make, model, trim level. How do you manage all this?

4. Is your product available for any brand or are you starting one at a time and building up?

5. What's to stop anyone else doing exactly the same thing with, for example, an iphone app?
The system is leased to the dealer and includes 6 devices with a custom welcome video from the dealer to the customer with a presentation for every new vehicle by make, model, and trim , and Lenas fandi presentation customized to their products. the web based dashboard prospect closing system and management tool,a unique tv, radio, and newspaper spot each month and lena's video email follow up fit every unsold and sold customer.
The costs averages 2,500 per month.
The ROI is phenominal. Here's the key areas we are seeing lift.
New car sales ( increased traffic and closing ratios)
new car gross
fandi gross
service retention and first appt
Internet lead to show ratio
training effeciency

we are seeing reductions in
training costs
bottom feeder salespeople

We use the apple iPod/iPhone technology to run the app which communicates with our web based showroom dashboard system. We will be integrating seemlessly with many in dealership systems very soon but am not yet at liberty to say which ones just yet. Look for this announcement soon.

we have a video for every make model and trim and videos are updated automatically to the pda as new vehicles are launched. for new products many times we have the video before the vehicles arrive at the dealerships. We have a complete research team and script writers all with car biz selling experience that develop these day in and day out. They are a very talented group and one of out biggest assets! We also have our own studio and production team that handle all the production magic.
We presently offer our product on Fotd Lincoln Mercury Nissan Infiniti Toyota Honda VW Hyundai kia and Chevrolet

we do have a patent pending on the system and 3 years of research and development with many years of in dealership hard knocks learning behind this product.

I hope I answered your questions. Thanks for the inquiry.
Chad Collier
Chad: Its not cheap. I didn't think it could be, but sounds fantastic nethertheless. Do you have any plans to monetize your video productions in any other ways? Such as licensing them to other vendors who are not direct competitors. My thought goes to car sales websites who could link to such a video as a sort of online demo. There are other demos out there but not nearly so detailed in the areas of explaining all the creature comforts of an automobile.

Please also clarify the following: You stated that you have a video for every make model and trim. Then a bit further on you stated that you presently offer your product on Ford Lincoln Mercury Nissan Infiniti Toyota Honda VW Hyundai kia and Chevrolet. Am I correct in understanding that you currently only have videos for "every model and trim version" within these 11 brands, but not for any other makes? If so then what would be your time scale or criteria for rolling out videos for other makes as well?
Brian as far as your question to the roll out of new brands, depending on the size of the line, anywhere from 30 days to 60 days to completely write, edit and produce the videos.
Chad forgot to mention we are also providing this to the RV industry and have final product on several lines there as well.
Brian I have noticed and thank you for them. I would love to hear about some other products out there! We can never learn enough!
I have spent my entire career on the retail end of the auto industry and only know of the tools I put in the stores I ran. I know there are a bounty of solutions available to dealers out there and would love to hear about them from people like you, Ralph, Phillip and the many other professionals in ADM

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service