Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Discussion Point…

Today’s sales model is out-dated and fails more than it succeeds, so why do we keep using it? The consumers continue to plead and beg that we find a different way of conducting business and lets face it… we comply only as far as we have to, to meet factory C.S.I standards. We only take it this far because of fear of losing control of the customer. I stumble across some statistics of how the car buyer perceives us and how we conduct business today and I have to be honest I was a little set back by the results. So I conducted some of my own focus groups and found that these stats were right on! 97% of shoppers wanted to look at the inventory without being hassled. 85% said the salesperson was not professional and didn’t like the aggressiveness of the sales people when they 1st stepped foot on the lot. 99% insisted on a professional presentation. 87% felt an attitude of indifference or lack of concern from the salesperson. 90% never got a complete product presentation on the vehicle and 91% believed the salesperson did not know the product. Now for me that was enough proof that we, as Automobile Sales Professionals, need to find a better, more consumer friendly, way to conduct business.
I was a GM of an Auto Group in AZ and stumbled across a small, new to the market, company that seemed to have the solution to these problems. I asked them to come and present it to me. I was pleased to see the company was composed of Dealership owners, GMs and GSMs… “car people”, unlike some of these other companies who have little to no actual auto sales experience. These were people who had experienced the same problems I had but found the solution. I was so excited and impressed with this new company that I resigned my position and came aboard as the VP of Marketing and Product Development.
Today’s world has become a technological driven world to the point that it is almost a new language and we have no way for our salespeople to speak this language to the consumer when they come on our lot. We have developed a way for your salespeople to not only speak this new language but do it in a non-confrontational manner without losing control of the customer. Today there are over 50 million users of the iphone and ipod touch. So with this technology we have developed a product presentation tool that is a fully automated data provider and allows you to constantly monitor the customer’s activity at your desk top. It breaks down the customers fear barrier. It gives an accurate and consistent product presentation, all the while selling value rather that price! It integrates with your current CRM. It automatically follows up via email to your sold and unsold customers. And it gets your service and parts customers back on your lot, looking at the new products.
What other industry do you know today, that could have the customer perception similar to the auto industry’s and survive? Maybe there is a reason for our problems today!!! www.imalooker.com

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Got it Brian, thanks! I know Detroit is sick so I pumped 50 Bil in there, lets see what happens...(Tax joke, bad one, but none the less...) Have a good weekend Brian!
Hey! its your money too. I feel for you.
Todd Vowell
Thanks for the comment.....I agree this has been a great discussion and I have learned some things and I know these guys have learned some things as well.
I think at first glance some of them thought that Im A Looker was in some way a competitor to the online sales solutions they endorse. So a defensive wall came up immediatly, but I'm A Looker is by no means a competitor but an ally to them. I think for the most part that is realized now. The great thing about IAL is that it has so many ways it can be used to assist current installed tools and processes. IAL is the only one of its kind and bridges so many gaps that other sales tools have,,,,for this reason IAL is currently being looked at by more than one automabile manufacteror for posible pilot programs. We are very thankful for everyones great input!
For anyone just entering the conversation the website is www.imalooker,com
@TR - That link is broken, click on the image below for one that works:

P.S.
Always check links after you make a post, if broken, copy, paste into a new post, fix link, then delete the original post with the bad link (IMHO)... Or, use the 15 minute edit period to correct the original link!
TR,

I don't know where, why or how you summized that anyone saw your application as competition since all of us on ADM have diversified marketing plans and selling processes that require multiple complimentary applications that integrate both the real and the virtual world. Perhaps the defensive position was yours when assuming that there was/is a seperation between the two?

In any case, my concern has to do with the filter that you may or may not apply that could possibly dilute the human element that differentiates the real world experience from the virtual one. It is as simple as that!
duelly noted....my misunderstanding of your reaction. I do assure you though that human element is definately not diluted but enhanced because the element of fear is exstinguished and the salesperson is put into a new light when using I'm A Looker.
We look forward to fully explaning this to you next week.
All
great points and discussion. Perhaps everyone on the post missed their calling and we should have been attorneys. We could have really put those debating talents to use. Then we could have been the most gated profession instead of the second worst. Enjoyed the discussions and appreciate the passion. Thanks for all your post.
Phillip
hopefully we can find a way to integrate our solution with the many others and we can all succeed together. I apprec
That was my thought from the beginning. The other distractions were reflective of youthful exhuberance and passion which is an enviable trait. Me, I am just a car guy! Talk you next week!
Ralph
We have found that the integration of the I'm A Looker experience into the internet process has yielded inhanced results and proven to be a vital part of our program. When an atmoshere, of having to chose the internet or brick and mortar is established, it yields a divided front in the battle for success. IAL provides tools for both sides and is the weapon that unites these two sides. A unified army is very difficult to defeat and finds a way to defeat the enemy. The enemy we are facing today is the image and perception held by the customer of the way we have done business in the automobile industry.
@TR - I am all for making it easier for people to buy cars from dealers... When customers feel they have choices, and those choices reflect what they may be ready for today, and also what they know they may be ready for tomorrow, it leads to better engagement and interaction between the shopper and the salesperson... And, we all know where that leads!

I don't know about the rest of the people on this post, but I was taught early on that the people who choose "We're just looking today..." when asked if they were "Here to buy a car, or still in the looking and information gathering phase?" are the ones who are the genuine buyers.

Heck, when we were doing the Ask Patty thing at the last dealership I worked at, we posted a sign over the corner area where the 3 women worked that stated "SalesMAN Free Zone"... Not only did it bring lots of chuckles, but you could tell by the approving smiles on the customers faces that a sale would be made.
Thats awesome Ralph.... That is the whole idea behing I'm A Looker! It provides a fear free enviroment that allows both sides to not be distracted by barriers and get to the business of buying/selling a vehicle. I remember when I was selling I would get just as frustrated of overcoming the customers fear as the customer was at trying to look without being bothered. It was a drawn out fight that could've been eliminated and now it can!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service