Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Not many small businesses use video yet. Its a shame because video has promoted sales for larger businesses, and everyone knows the power of video. Videos engage people, drive additional traffic from other channels and even boost your SEO reading.

How are videos good for SEO? Well, it increases the time spent on your website. If someone types in on google "car dealerships" then they click your site, but then immediately return to google and search again for "car dealerships" it contributes to lowering your sites ability to rank well for the term "car dealerships." A video engages the visitor and intrigues them so, they spend more time on the site and don't leave as quick as before.

Not everyone is the same, some people prefer reading material, to viewin pictures or videos. But video is growing and with the growth of Youtube (which launched in 2005) video has taken off. More and more celebrity's are communicating through videos as well as people searching Youtube when they need help with problems or faults in products. Google now features videos in SEO so it seems ridiculous to ignore it! It is like ignoring social media, continue to do it and you will fall behind and your company could fail because of it.

Tags: c, car, dealership, google, it, marketing, now, presentation, video, vseo

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Agreed!  Great post.  I'd use videos in your email marketing, as well, linking back to your website, which should also increase your SEO.   It's a great engagement piece, and it gives your researching customers some great tools.  Would you agree?

Thanks for the reply Tim,

Yes i would agree. I think it is very important to use as much email as possible. If you were enquiring about a product such as a car. How would you feel if you booked your appointment at the dealership gave them all your details (email, phone etc) then they sent you an email? This email would contain a detailed video of the car you enquired about, personalised to you! All the details and a talk through.

Video is growing and with Youtube the 3rd most visited site behind Facebook, and Google it is only going to continue to grow. Linking is interesting and extremely easy to do. SEO is important everyone has their key words and they want to be on Googles 1st page!

I personally (although a little biased working for a company based in live video presentation) believe that video is a massive tool and everyone not just car dealers should use it to a) boost sales and b) generate awareness and create leads. What do you think?

I would agree, but with one caveat:  it has to be relevant and interesting.  I think people watch videos for two reasons:  Be entertained and informed.  If your video doesn't engage the person watching, or more to the point, doesn't keep them interested, good luck in getting them to watch the next one.  Relevancy is king.  One interesting video will be far more effective than 20 videos that are boring, or of no interest to the person watching.

Personally, I think it's like any other kind of marketing effort.  It should be engaging, targeted, personalized, and relevant.  The example you describe above is perfect, provided that the customer giving their email expressed a desire to receive the email. 

Yes, but if someone gets a message sent to them through pre record. They will watch it if it is a product they are interested in or if they have made an enquiry. There is nothing more annoying than spam, but if it is informative and PERSONALISED! (I emphasize this) You need to make sure the video is relevant for sure, if not then it's going to be ignored!

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. QR Codes - Untapped Potential?

Posted by Heather Gallay on September 30, 2014

4. SEO vs. SEM - Are advertising companies taking advantage of dealerships?

Posted by Sarah Draley-Davis on August 13, 2008

5. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service