Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
So the salesperson comes to the "Desk" Many positive things should and could happen,deal is made,bigger gross is structured,help, guidance,training through a consistent message from management......what else can happen at the "Desk?"

Tags: Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, autosalesjobs, autosalesrecruiting, More…autosalestraining, consulting, craiglockerd, craiglockerdgoogleprofile, dealerworld, directmail, hiring carsalespeople, jamesziegler, motivation, needsalespeople?, newcars, nissan, salesman, salestraining, subaru, thedealerresourcegroup, themanusgroup, tkworldwide, toyota, used

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I will come at this presenting a different angle   ...

The exact opposite! No deal, no gross, bad attitudes, frustration and so on. Depending on the sales manager, the culture and the sales person. I love this post as I am a firm believer that the "Desk" should never ever be a negative experience for anyone, regardless. We are all in the business to move units however the variables are many and just when you think the process, structure, and expectations of the deal should be cut and dry, often it is not.

Regardless of sales process, emotions of all involved come into play and I have been at a dealership that developed team atmosphere but they failed to make the " desk" experience a positive one even if there was no sale. I have heard from sales people that they dreaded going to the desk if they couldnt structure or close the deal because of the reaction. My thoughts are training does not ever stop and the " desk" should be a learning experience for all. Too many times you get green or new sales people, or even seasoned professionals and sometimes steps are forgotten, or varied a bit, but the desk becomes a negative experience instead of re-inforcing the training, positive attitude and a " lets re-group' and get them next time. I am sure there is not a single Sales Manager that has not mumbled about a sales person under the their breath...come on people, you know I am right!

I think that comes with the pressure of the business. The owners wanting volume, the GM wanting volume, the sales managers pressuring for close, close, close. I have seen a few sales people get fired because of bad " desk" situations. The sales managers telling the GM and fellow SM's that a sales person is worthless or other words. I truly believe that is the fault of the dealership and it trickles from ownership down because in tough times and really all times selling cars is the name of the game and nothing else matters. I do not think this is at all dealerships, just some dealerships. My views are that you have external customers and internal customers ( your fellow employees)...why would you want to create friction with team members that have the same goals...selling cars?  train, train, create positive situations and use the desk as a general sales and consistent message center.

My opinion and experiences,  I am sure with this collective brain trust there will be some really nice opinions and views on the desk. But thats a spin on this by me.

Unfortunate but far to many times...the truth,all of it.Desk needs to be the one "safe" place for a salesperson to go...there is a TON of pressure on the desk Mgr's in most stores for sure.I started selling cars right when they took out speakers under the desks wired into the managers office...that's actually how I learned about people....lol.....

I think salespeople for the most part focus in on WIIFM....and if we as managers understand what their "Why" is and why their why is a MUST rather than a should we can help "motivate" their behavior without killing them when they come for help.http://youtu.be/6hXmgd3nZBI attached link is a video kind of on this subject,thanks for your input,Tim!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2018   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service