Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Let me pose a question to some of the great minds on this website. What marketing strategy should a startup dealership use to drive traffic in? Let me explain a little bit about or location and situation.

This is a brand new Chrysler dealership located in a small town in New Hampshire just west of the capital, Concord. We have done the traditional advertising Radio and Newspaper but it's a ghost town here. I realize the growing pains involved in starting a dealership but everyone is on edge because no service or sales traffic is being generated.

Now as for me, I'm wearing a lot of hats right now and I'm one of the "younger" people here so I try and be innovative but it has been met with some resistance. Our location doesn't lend well to walk up traffic so I know we need to generate digital leads. To do that I make sure our listed prices on the website are lower than any other dealer around. I have verified our site with google and bing. I set us with dealer.com to do digital advertising, but still nothing. I need our inventory and prices to be showing up everywhere and it's not happening. I know they say it takes time... but it's simply not enough for managment here and I'm feeling the pressure.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Welcome to ADM Blake. You have your work cut out for you! Before you go hire a digital company, I would comb this site and download all the info you can from guys like Ralph Paglia, Brian Pasch, JD Rucker to name a few. Get the basics started with Google and other engines and just get found first.

If you guys are looking for business right now, direct mail is the only channel that will generate traffic NOW, and get you business NOW! Plus, I believe Chrysler will kick in, or at least they have been lately. Good luck and good selling!

I enjoy the SEO side of things so if you want to chat about some things you can and can't do with the Dealer.com platform feel free to reach out to me. My info is on my ADM profile page.

I am working on something big for a dealership and am doing live week by week case studies.  The place is established but in terms of effective digital marketing, CRM and processes it needs work and I am here in place doing it.  Here is part 1 which was written Saturday http://www.automotivedigitalmarketing.com/profiles/blogs/transformi....  I will write part 2 on Saturday again.

Great read for you to get ideas.

Welcome Blake,

Starting any business venture can be scary.  You are correct in your assessment of the time it takes to get listed with a new website.  It can be painfully slow, especially for a new business.  I took a look at your site, vehicle descriptions and location.  Here are some ideas for you to consider:

1) You have listed with the best (Google & Bing) now list with the rest.  Your goal here is to generate some additional links to your site.  Getlisted.org is a great site.  I ran your store through the process and here are the results:

http://getlisted.org/snapshot.aspx?eqs=Hillsboro+Chrysler+Jeep+Dodg...

2)Todd is absolutely correct in using some traditional advertising to generate interest and traffic to your site.  Direct mail is a good alternative to radio and TV because the prospect has a piece they can keep with the web address on it or even better, a QR code they can scan.

3)Since your dealership is so new, you should be buying some 3rd party leads.  It is a fast way to expose people to your dealership. You can set the radius and the dollar spend limit to a low amount and grow as the budget allows. 

4) Price is only part of the game and a tough way to market on your site.  All things being equal, even if I can save a few bucks with you, your new and I don't know anything about you.  You need to work hard on your message on why the dealership was started and what your point of differentiation is.  Once you have this developed you need to have it all over your site and in your email responses.  A good PR company can probably help with this.

5) I can't believe Stan didn't mention video because he is very good at Video Search Engine Optimization.  The good news about VSEO is it gets ranked and posts on Google more quickly than your site will.  I think if you do a search on VSEO on this site you will get some ideas. 

Good luck to you and your staff, exciting times!   

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service