Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Seth Godin's book "Purple Cow" should be required reading for Dealers and General Managers in the car business...

Seth Godin's new book, Purple Cow is about transforming your business by being remarkable.
Nearly 100,000 copies in print! Seth's fastest-selling book ever.

Explore this book by clicking on a section of the cow (above).

When I first started working for ADP and kept running into all manner of organizational road-blocks that seemed to get in the way of organically creating new businesses... (My job), I purchased Seth Godin's Purple Cow and read it.  The lessons and insights contained within this relatively short book, which is very easy to read, inspired me to get past all the bureaucratic encumbrances I faced.  Purple Cow became my guide to creating several new businesses within ADP that included Digital Advertising, OEM Digital Marketing Consulting Services and the ADP Social Media Reputation Management solutions and practices... All of which continue to this day.  I highly recommend Seth Godin's Purple Cow as required reading for anyone who endeavors to change, grow and create businesses.

If you have already read "Purple Cow" then please share any insights gained in the ADM Forum discussion below... If you have not, then go ahead and use the links associated with the image above to purchase "Purple Cow" and let us know how it affected your thinking, strategies and approach to leadership in your organization.

Source: http://www.sethgodin.com/purple/

Tags: Purple Cow, Seth Godin

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

A couple of the key takeaways I had from reading Purple Cow was that I don't have to create a brand new widget. I can make a current widget remarkable in the way it is sold or serves the customer. The other idea that stuck with me was to seek out brand advocates. In other words find the people that will share your product or company wherever they go.

Joey,

I find it interesting that those are the 2 take-aways you most remember... For me, the Brand Advocate thing was one of the biggest "ah ha's" that stuck with me.

I'm currently reading "All marketers are Liars...tell stories" and am finding it to be enjoyable, a quick read and very enlightening. I am sure I will read everything. I have already subscribed to Seth Godin's Blog.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service