Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Do most seo video companies put your videos up under their account and then when you stop using their service, they remove them?

I am looking into hiring a seo video company and want to know if this is common practice. I personally think that we should own those videos but it was explained to me that like a video rental, you are renting/leasing the space for those videos to be placed out their on their servers and that if you stop, it is now their property.I am able to get the company I am looking at to let us own 10 or so should we decide to stop.

The only other reason I can think of that justifies companies taking the online videos down is because it is like running a tv commercial. Once you stop paying to run it, it comes down.

Any thoughts from my esteemed colleagues? 

Thank you.

Kim

Views: 1002

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Ken, you're a character.  And you have character.  That's a rare combo.  Glad somebody at the dealership recognizes it.  Go make a video or something, will 'ya?  I'm drinking here.  :0

I don't know how many video vendors I've turned down or ignored because they want to host our videos on their own servers.  In YouTube, I trust.  I believe in doing everything you can do, in-house.

"In YouTube I Trust" . . . Tom, that's a great, great slogan.  I see an "In the Trenches" article!  :)

Nice spam of the thread Manny, hope everyone here does not start embedding their videos this thing could grow to over a thousand pages.

Not sure why you did not just post the links but it is your call.

Just as when a dealer takes a testimonial video of a consumer, if the video Company wants to keep the video they should require a release from the dealer.

They probably have it in their contract. I haven't seen their contracts John.

Sounds like a negotiation point to me.

I tried to negotiate. One said no and the other said I could keep like 6-10. By bringing up this topic in the ADM's forum, I hope this helps others as well!

Kim, I would think if you are partnered with an advertising agency that creates the TV spots, they could offer this service either free of charge or for a nominal fee.  Posting to your dealership's various accounts should be something automatically happening and as they are your TV spots, they should remain yours.  Providing the service should not dictate ownership of the spots.  Those are my thoughts.

I agree! I just have been having a hard time with most seo video companies wanting to take down the videos afterwards.

Sounds like something a 5 year old would do when their toys were taken away :-/

Thanks for the tips Manny. Muchas gracias por tu ayuda.

RSS

Social Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Sales Management Professionals sharing Internet strategies and tactics

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service