Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Do most seo video companies put your videos up under their account and then when you stop using their service, they remove them?

I am looking into hiring a seo video company and want to know if this is common practice. I personally think that we should own those videos but it was explained to me that like a video rental, you are renting/leasing the space for those videos to be placed out their on their servers and that if you stop, it is now their property.I am able to get the company I am looking at to let us own 10 or so should we decide to stop.

The only other reason I can think of that justifies companies taking the online videos down is because it is like running a tv commercial. Once you stop paying to run it, it comes down.

Any thoughts from my esteemed colleagues? 

Thank you.

Kim

Views: 1020

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Kim, you can do your own videos.  It's easy and doesn't take as much time as you think.  Ken Beam does his own and has had great success.  We do our own videos and have had great success as well.  As long as you have great content, your videos will be watched.  The SEO value of video is tremendous provided you title and tag the videos properly.

Here is a link to the YouTube channel for our stores.

http://www.youtube.com/thecarnivalkia 368,594 total views.

We do our own customer testimonial videos with a flip cam and we do our vehicle walkaround videos using the Mobile Inspector app on an iPhone. 

WOW! Look at those total views for Carnival Kia... Obviously any guidance Adam provides on video marketing for dealers should be respected and considered. 

Nice job Adam 2400+ videos in what about a year. DouglasVW is also doing a fantastic job averaging 935 views per video.

@Kim like Adam states above not hard to get your vehicle videos listed in less than 5 minutes I took a video from your website and uploaded it to youtube as an example of how easy it is. Search for 2011 Dodge Nitro Brighton MI and your video will be on page 1 or 2 depending on location settings.

I will remove the video in 24 hours or sooner if you desire just wanted to show you what you can do quickly with your videos.

Thanks Ralph and Michael.  I'd like to have a higher view per video average, but since we do a walkaround on every used car in inventory I don't think that will happen.  We do have a video walkaround on an Optima that has 51,183 views to date.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihZbPkF-JFE&list=PL56E57DBA13523...

Hopefully we can get a few more up to this level.

Yeah one of my other YouTube Channels is sort of popular too;

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnWayne00?feature=mhee - 789,318 Total Views

Ken-

Thanks for sharing Mobile Inspector Adam.

I can't understand why anyone would hire a VSEO company. I just don't think it is something that warrants paying a vendor for. If you already have an SEO company, they should do this for you at no extra charge - whether you are creating your own videos or not.

Of course, I think you should create your own videos (Ken Bean is a master at this) because the great content will be watched by people and can create leads. The SEO is an additional benefit, but if all you are going after is SEO, then in many cases you can turn your still vehicle images in to a youtube video that can be optimized for that purpose. Understand, I am not recommending that to be the best approach (or even a good approach), but it is better than no video syndication.

I guess my question would be: If you're going to take the time to create your own video's then why do you need to pay a service to upload an optimize them? (thats the easy part) 

OR

If you're not going to take the time to create good content, then why would you pay extra for something most SEO companies should already be doing for free anyway?

@ Tim - Yep....... couldn`t agree more. There is no reason not to create your own clips.......period. They do not have to be real flashy or perfect....... they just need to get a point across in nice manner.

I started our Dealership YouTube Channel in April 2009 at the infancy of the video trend.  Once your Channel is built and owned by you, it is simple to allow your marketing company like ours to have management access to get in and add videos.  We have elected to use outside vendors that have video-related products and we always refer them to our dealership-owned YouTube Channel.  Our views are currently at 98,095 and can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/billrappsuperstore

Hi Kim,

My name is Mike Powl and in full disclosure, I am with a video SEO provider - SiSTeR Technologies.  As for uploading the videos to YouTube, if we upload those videos to your existing YouTube channel to garner that strong organic SEO you seek, those videos stay with you, even if you cancel our service.   I want to respect the integrity for forum so I hope that helps...Mike

I just called you to discuss further.

I think we should be clear about what a video actually is.  I don't consider a photo slideshow set to music with a cheesy voice over to be a video. A video is what Ken Beam and I are doing.  Take a video camera, smartphone, flip cam whatever out on the lot and talk about the car. Get inside and out of it and show shoppers the car.  A photo slideshow is not a video.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service