Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Do most seo video companies put your videos up under their account and then when you stop using their service, they remove them?

I am looking into hiring a seo video company and want to know if this is common practice. I personally think that we should own those videos but it was explained to me that like a video rental, you are renting/leasing the space for those videos to be placed out their on their servers and that if you stop, it is now their property.I am able to get the company I am looking at to let us own 10 or so should we decide to stop.

The only other reason I can think of that justifies companies taking the online videos down is because it is like running a tv commercial. Once you stop paying to run it, it comes down.

Any thoughts from my esteemed colleagues? 

Thank you.

Kim

Views: 1001

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

It will still accomplish the goal.  I agree that it isn't as personal as a live video. However, it is a video Adam that is just created in a different format. 

Depends on what your goal is.  Video SEO can come about without completed views--partials don't apply to the view count.  So, SEO *could* be achieved with "voice over stills".  It could also be achieved with videos of paint drying for a lot less money.  It's not measurable, but videos that are partially watched and result in the shopper TYPING in the name of the dealership . . . I don't think they'll do that, if it happens, with a paint drying video (==video over stills).  So you'd lose that hard-to-measure benefit.

Ken Beam is the Undisputed and Fully Deserved King of Effective Videos for Dealerships And Beyond.  Whatever he suggests, if you can do it, you should.  I don't agree with a Video SEO company pulling their videos from a DEALER's video channel if a dealer cancels--if the dealership pays a blogger for SEO work on the dealer's own web property(ies) AND then the blogger service stops, the blogs shouldn't be pulled.  The SEO value would diminish over time, since the content wouldn't churn, which churning is ONE *advertised* method of doing video SEO.  And so the "SEO you paid for" will stop soon, anyway.  Why pull the videos, then?  So, if a company stops video SEO for you, to my view holding the content hostage is a no-win for them in reputation, since the "video SEO" will decrease over time--excepting high-view videos which CAN last a long time.  And if a Video SEO Company achieves that for you, I'll be surprised.  Write us all here if that ever happens!  :)

FWIW, Ralph is also 100% right that you should really never pay for "Video SEO" on a channel that is not the dealership's (okay, if American Idol wants to talk about you on their YouTube, that might be different!).  BRIEF video pre-roll, etc. advertising is NOT Video "SEO", but it's darned effective (if brief, did I mention that?).

@ Keith - < This guy gets it! Kim I`m not sure what your role is exactly at the dealership......however you say you don`t have time to create your own videos.....correct??? Here`s a little food for thought....... Why not get a little creative with the Sales Reps & let them shoot some clips with their Smart Phones??? Then start a YouTube Channel for the dealership & give the entire Sales Team access in order to upload their own walk-around videos. Then teach them how to post some Craigs List ads using these clips for starters. Make them go out for say an hour a day & take turns shooting some walk-around videos of used cars......... then even maybe have a contest & in the Saturday morning Sales Meeting have everyone vote on the best "Clip of the Week" & the winner gets a couple of free lunches the following week or perhaps a gift card to Panera or Wendys. If you have a little fun with it & really encourage them, I`d be willing to bet that in a matter of weeks you would see one trying to out do the other. Friendly competition is great for team-spirit & ultimately will increase the quality & production in your quest to get on board the Video-Uprising!

Hope that helps a little,

Ken-

@ Adam - You know what Adam??? The topic of "What is an actual Video?" usually causes quite a stir out here on ADM!~ lol..................Soooooooooooooooooooooooo heck......why don`t you start that thread............... & let`s see how/who/what defines a Video??? Great idea - Run with it pal.....

Ken-

Soooooooooooooooooo here are the counts for my YouTube accounts;

Douglas Infiniti = 53,423 Total Views

Douglas VW = 121,618 Total Views

Ken Beam = 789,318

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo do you think we`ve done a little business because of my clips??????? 

Ken-

Please do share how you received so many of those views. You market the videos everywhere on the planet and in follow-up emails? :)

@ Kim - Well first off, I have to tell you that I didn`t just start doing these videos....... as I`ve been creating clips like this for almost 7 years now. Over time, more & more viewers just find your "stuff" on-line. Then if you`re a little lucky & you have a bunch of nice folks on sites like ADM & Dealer Elite really compliment your work, well it`s sort of word of mouth advertising.........

Now I do utilize the clips in various ways.... i.e. our website, Craigs List Ads, Blogs, Facebook & in EBlasts as a few examples.

Proper SEO titles & tags will take you & place you just about anywhere....... & sometimes you can get into hot water if you try haunting your competition & over-do it (that`s an entirely different topic......& boy, if you only knew what I did!.....lol)

I can share some other ideas if you would like.........

Sure. I will connect with you soon.

Your fishing and hunting pictures also do well, in their way.  ;)

@ Keith - lol! Hey Keith check it out!

I added lights to Douglas VW! - lol

NJ VW | VW Nights under the Lights at Douglas VW in Summit NJ

Ken, you deserve a million dollars for what you do.  It's proof that One Man Can Make a Difference.  No sh*t, my friend.  Kick Ass on Saturday!!!

Hey Keith - Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that. Ummmmmmmmm....... I don`t work on Saturdays my friend. Haven`t in over 4 years now............. the benefits of working all kinds of crazy hours at home with my "Covert-Marketing-Techniques"....... One vendor refers to me as the X-Factor for Douglas............. he says it seems like they(Douglas) don`t always know why something happens or exactly what caused it to happen....... they just say "something" happens when I`m "around"......... maybe it`s the "night-thing"......

RSS

Social Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Sales Management Professionals sharing Internet strategies and tactics

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

April 2014
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service